This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Everyone says EA is evil, greedy people... but the irony is....

#31blueheart100Posted 8/15/2013 5:48:11 PM
EA is an evil and greedy company. They are drm lovers. They love nothing more then crush their fans under the heels of their boots and wipe the floor with them. Bioware is the only redeeming feature, but that's going a bit much.
---
Yes, I'm a woman and love video games.
#32TimePharaohPosted 8/15/2013 5:48:44 PM
I actually didn't donate anything to charity, it all went to HB.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#33strongo9Posted 8/15/2013 5:51:27 PM
EA isn't doing this because they've changed their ways. It's pathetic attempt at winning over more Origin users. They could care less about the charities that get money from this. It's part of their larger business scheme.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#34Darkcloud20Posted 8/15/2013 6:02:22 PM
strongo9 posted...
EA isn't doing this because they've changed their ways. It's pathetic attempt at winning over more Origin users.

Oh THAT'S why most of the game especially the ones without BTA also come with steam keys. How nasty!
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#35mikebrand83Posted 8/15/2013 6:41:53 PM
rpgian posted...
Most charities are very wasteful. We donated a little a few years ago and I swear they must have spent x3 what we gave sending envelopes full of books of address labels and such. Or pocket change of some sort they want me to mail back. I don't like paying for what looks to be a large scale advertisement and brand awareness for them campaign under the banner of the sick.

If someone is checking out and they are short a small amount or it otherwise crosses me I am charitable. I fear I'm just keeping marketers in their jobs and some upper management of the organization eating and clothed better than I ever would be

This.

Most people have absolutely no idea where their dollars donated to various charity actually ends up, far too many have massive overheads, and divert funds to various extraneous causes they should have nothing to do with. Hell, many people would cry if they ever found out how much of their money donated to Red Cross ends up in climate change advocacy of all things!
#36R i c kPosted 8/15/2013 6:53:11 PM
That's not irony at all. Donating or not donating to charity has nothing at all to do with evilness or greed. You're like one of those Christians that looks down on people that don't go to church because going to church obviously makes you a better person.
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D