This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

download Battlefield 3: question

#1OmegaFlare18Posted 8/15/2013 2:27:50 PM
so got BF3 from the humble bundle, downloading now (and taking its sweet ass time too) but was curious:

is this like Steam where it downloads the full game, patches and all, or does it download the main game and THEN does all the patches and whatnot?
---
Steam ID: mystr_E
http://heroesofnewerth.com/ref.php?r=Z11U9T0Q
#2derratePosted 8/15/2013 2:31:06 PM
I wasn't paying much attention, pretty sure it did everything. It has an annoying launcher though.
#3KhronickanaPosted 8/15/2013 2:32:36 PM
Battlelog is the best launcher there is, as far as i'm concerned.
---
Oh look, it's a sig
In haiku style, but two lines
#4DerPancakePosted 8/15/2013 2:32:45 PM
It downloads everything for you, and yes the game launches you to a website called battlelog where you choose the servers you want to play, and then you choose the server and play.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#5daemon_danPosted 8/15/2013 2:33:13 PM
derrate posted...
I wasn't paying much attention, pretty sure it did everything. It has an annoying launcher though.

And the launcher is broken as F*** for me. It won't connect me to a game AT ALL. All I can play is single player, and I got it for 20 bucks.
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#6KhronickanaPosted 8/15/2013 2:35:13 PM
daemon_dan posted...
derrate posted...

And the launcher is broken as F*** for me. It won't connect me to a game AT ALL. All I can play is single player, and I got it for 20 bucks.

have you got the plugins properly installed?
---
Oh look, it's a sig
In haiku style, but two lines