This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IGN gives Gone Home a 9.5

#11NingishzidaPosted 8/15/2013 6:06:11 PM
TiamatKiller posted...
Ningishzida posted...
typical IGN article

filled with cliches and worn out expressions from 1st year art students that you'd be embarrassed to use even 10 years ago, like "stark juxtaposition"

my fave part is "uncountable innocuous nick-nacks", its like the "writer" is experimenting with the English language for the very first time.

Funny, that's the same reaction I have when I read some of your posts...

cite evidence?

and even if you could (you can't), i'm not getting paid to post, so why would i bother raising the bar?

Are you an IGN writer?

you defending IGN lol, are you?
#12RPGMattPosted 8/15/2013 6:21:57 PM
I've been watching this game for awhile, but I'm not interested at that price.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#13The_Pig_HostagePosted 8/15/2013 6:31:40 PM
I watched a bit of the Quick Look on GiantBomb, and was intrigued... But then I saw the price. This one will have to wait. Just seems like too much for such a short game with zero replay value.
#14Ch3wyPosted 8/15/2013 6:36:50 PM
Looks like an interesting concept. I thought it would be a puzzle game at first glance but apparently not.

"No Combat, No Puzzles: Gone Home is a nonviolent and puzzle-free experience, inviting you to play at your own pace without getting attacked, stuck, or frustrated. This house wants you to explore it. "
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#15GoldninjaPosted 8/15/2013 7:36:27 PM
Not sure how they can justify that price for 2/3 hours of content.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again
#16angry_cowtipperPosted 8/17/2013 9:03:43 AM
I would highly advise against getting this game. It's not horror, and it's not psychological, and nothing nefarious has happened to you're family, they're just not there. It's a game meant to push a LGBT agenda (which you're not being told about) being semi-touted as horror some places, and something of a puzzler other places. It's neither, really.
---
Tomb Raider (PC), The Last of Us, Dragon's Crown (PS3), Yesterday (AND), ACIII: Liberation (VITA)
#17Damaged7Posted 8/17/2013 9:09:27 AM
Actually if you read the description for the game, it says its not a puzzler and not a horror game.

Good reading skills.
---
Bold Text
#18Knighted DragonPosted 8/17/2013 9:12:33 AM(edited)
another pc indie game?

Do indie games that weren't designed for the PC even exist? All the ones I know about on consoles were either on PC first, or were on PC as well as consoles.
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
#19angry_cowtipperPosted 8/17/2013 9:13:55 AM
Damaged7 posted...
Actually if you read the description for the game, it says its not a puzzler and not a horror game.

Good reading skills.

I bought it based off of the Giant Bomb quick look, and still felt I bought a different game, as they went out of their way to be vague about what it was. I don't blame them, all this game has to it is story, but I generally trust their tastes in what they say is a good game.
---
Tomb Raider (PC), The Last of Us, Dragon's Crown (PS3), Yesterday (AND), ACIII: Liberation (VITA)
#20Mr_BankercatPosted 8/17/2013 9:17:00 AM
Game sounds pretty lame honestly.