This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IGN gives Gone Home a 9.5

#21NingishzidaPosted 8/17/2013 12:04:55 PM
Mr_Bankercat posted...
Game sounds pretty lame honestly.

pretentious wannabe writer trying hard to be literati doesn't help
#22BogePosted 8/17/2013 12:06:40 PM
Ningishzida posted...
typical IGN article

filled with cliches and worn out expressions from 1st year art students that you'd be embarrassed to use even 10 years ago, like "stark juxtaposition"

my fave part is "uncountable innocuous nick-nacks", its like the "writer" is experimenting with the English language for the very first time.

That put a bad thought in my head for some reason.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#23MannerHatcheryPosted 8/17/2013 12:22:32 PM
LOL at the first paragraph of the review
---
Winter is coming
#24bubbas111Posted 8/17/2013 12:25:15 PM
Knighted Dragon posted...
another pc indie game?

Do indie games that weren't designed for the PC even exist? All the ones I know about on consoles were either on PC first, or were on PC as well as consoles.

Is Bastion considered an indie game?
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3265619
#25Maynard_LawaPosted 8/17/2013 12:41:14 PM
angry_cowtipper posted...
I would highly advise against getting this game. It's not horror, and it's not psychological, and nothing nefarious has happened to you're family, they're just not there. It's a game meant to push a LGBT agenda (which you're not being told about) being semi-touted as horror some places, and something of a puzzler other places. It's neither, really.

Thanks for saving me the trouble of downloading it. I can't stand when people try and push their political agenda through entertainment.
#26NingishzidaPosted 8/17/2013 2:12:46 PM
Maynard_Lawa posted...
Thanks for saving me the trouble of downloading it. I can't stand when people try and push their political agenda through entertainment.

Almost all entertainment commodities have agendarz of some sort.

I agree that some are blatantly obvious and that can be disgusting.
#27ShadowThaReaperPosted 8/17/2013 2:40:08 PM
Just another flavor of the month indie game tailor made for the pretentious Reddit crowd.

Pass.
#28Darkcloud20Posted 8/17/2013 4:36:52 PM
will buy the indie bundle it will be in.
---
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
#29blade6321Posted 8/17/2013 4:53:44 PM
Ningishzida posted...
typical IGN article

filled with cliches and worn out expressions from 1st year art students that you'd be embarrassed to use even 10 years ago, like "stark juxtaposition"

my fave part is "uncountable innocuous nick-nacks", its like the "writer" is experimenting with the English language for the very first time.

lol

It's like if Dan Brown did reviews.
---
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#30NingishzidaPosted 8/17/2013 5:18:44 PM
blade6321 posted...
Ningishzida posted...
typical IGN article

lol

It's like if Dan Brown did reviews.

maybe after blunt trauma on the head by crowbar...

but you can just imagine this dunce was scribbling away on his notepad while sitting on the crapper

and he lifts his pen in the air with eyes wide open, stunned at his falsely perceived originality which is in fact a common hack's regurgitation which google would hit limitlessly if he bothered to search it...

From the Book of Ning, Chapter 3, verse XVII