This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GFWL Marketplace will close on August 22nd

#11nintend0Fan46Posted 8/15/2013 7:01:15 PM
ViperEO2 posted...
Finally, worst DRM ever. Hopefully they don't screw over people that bought stuff on GFWL only and don't have steam keys. This makes me glad I waited for Minerva's Den, hopefully it comes out on Steam.

It probably will. They added Steam achievements that relate to Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2.
---
FGoAT Abbreviated: OoT, LttP, MM, EB, TF2, DE:HR, SSBB, SMG2, CoH, KNiD, SMW2:YI, P2, MK:DD, PW:AA, SC:CT, BK, L4D2, MP5, KI:U, MPT, 007:EoN, SC2, PM:TTYD...
#12chris1001 the sequelPosted 8/15/2013 7:02:40 PM
It was always such wasted potential. Games For Windows Live could have been something really cool
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#13ZeroRaiderPosted 8/15/2013 8:21:24 PM
chris1001 the sequel posted...
It was always such wasted potential. Games For Windows Live could have been something really cool

I think it started out really cool - it allowed Microsoft to bring over exclusive Xbox 360 games to PC by providing them an environment where they could make as much money as they do peddling games to the console plebs. It was revolutionary at the time; completely unheard of behavior for one of the console manufacturers to bring over killer apps to another platform.

Shame PC gamers whined about it so much. I suspect if it were better received we would have seen Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Viva Pinata 2, etc. on PC by now. But they've clearly decided to withhold them from us because PC gamers refused to embrace GFWL and releasing them on Steam isn't as profitable as just keeping them Xbox 360 exclusives.

Sigh...
#14strongo9Posted 8/15/2013 8:24:33 PM
I think we'll finally see the Halo trilogy release on Steam now.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#15DerPancakePosted 8/15/2013 8:41:29 PM(edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Anyways, yes it sucked.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#16Knight2520Posted 8/15/2013 8:40:47 PM
Shame PC gamers whined about it so much. I suspect if it were better received we would have seen Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Viva Pinata 2, etc. on PC by now. But they've clearly decided to withhold them from us because PC gamers refused to embrace GFWL and releasing them on Steam isn't as profitable as just keeping them Xbox 360 exclusives.

Maybe if the implementation wasn't terrible, PC gamers wouldn't have whined so much about it.
---
Is that the ship from Mass Effect? - ZanySniper on the USS Enterprise
#17ZeroRaiderPosted 8/15/2013 8:47:05 PM
Aside from the encrypting game saves I never had a problem with it.

Of course if you remembered to back up your GFWL folder alongside your game saves the encryption wasn't a problem.

I've been a PC gamer for many years and have had my fair share of problems across all the services and the DRMs. GFWL never stuck out as one that was particularly troublesome.
#18TNK10Posted 8/15/2013 8:48:49 PM
It's funny seeing people glad that GFWL but do you guys realize a crapload of games exclusive to GFWL aren't going to be able to be bought now? That sucks big time.
---
Technically Heihachi and Kaz had to have sex too to create Kaz and Jin. - VRX3000
Hehachi and Kaz had sex and made KazJin?! WTH?! -starrylily
#19Solid_FakePosted 8/15/2013 8:53:20 PM
TNK10 posted...
It's funny seeing people glad that GFWL but do you guys realize a crapload of games exclusive to GFWL aren't going to be able to be bought now? That sucks big time.

Yes, a company that is interested in profits won't release those games on Steam.
---
Do you get to the Cloud District very often?
Oh, what am I saying; of course you don't.
#20MyLargefeetPosted 8/15/2013 8:57:45 PM
TNK10 posted...

Which Xbox exclusive title was ever brought over to GFWL? I don't think it was ever Microsoft's intention to release any of their AAA Xbox exclusive titles over to PC.