This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guys stop giving away bundle keys

#1Ch3wyPosted 8/16/2013 6:25:28 AM
I know you've got good intentions but you're potentially taking away from charity at this point.

Just wait until the bundle is over.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#2SpazH3dPosted 8/16/2013 6:26:48 AM
Yeah stop being so friendly and handsome. If people want to support charity they do it on their own.
---
- My vision is augmented
#3LOTRsolidsnakePosted 8/16/2013 6:27:32 AM
Quote:I know you've got good intentions but you're potentially taking away from charity at this point.

Just wait until the bundle is over.

@Ch3wy

Valid point. I realized this as I was giving some away last night.

Everyone should spend the dollar.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQS 1.11. Seriously, this is an amazing iPhone app. Get it!
#4aak57Posted 8/16/2013 6:28:14 AM
chances are the people getting the keys wouldn't have spent the money anyhow
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#5Mystical_NEETPosted 8/16/2013 6:29:04 AM
Yeah, we're only $100 away from curing cancer and rescuing another homeless child!

Lol get real TC. These charities are things you donate to in order to feel good about yourself, not actually make a difference. Your money is going to the salary of the charity employees.
#6IronSasquatchPosted 8/16/2013 6:30:23 AM
Mystical_NEET posted...
Yeah, we're only $100 away from curing cancer and rescuing another homeless child!

Lol get real TC. These charities are things you donate to in order to feel good about yourself, not actually make a difference. Your money is going to the salary of the charity employees.

Yeah, because $4.8 million doesn't make any difference at all. >_>
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#7Ch3wy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 6:32:18 AM
aak57 posted...
chances are the people getting the keys wouldn't have spent the money anyhow

A lot of them maybe but some people have the means but just want to save a buck or two because they're cheap. I'm just saying might as well wait a week or two, it doesn't hurt.

Mystical_NEET posted...

You keep telling yourself that.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#8Mystical_NEETPosted 8/16/2013 6:37:56 AM
IronSasquatch posted...
Mystical_NEET posted...

Perhaps it does or will somehow. But we have no way of verifying that, so as far as we're concerned we are basically gambling our money on humanity.

"Yeah, this Humble Bundle's gonna be the one that cures cancer and stops gay lynching in Russia"

I mean seriously? Money is not the solution to all of life's problems.
#9SnadadosPosted 8/16/2013 6:38:20 AM
Time to add another person to my ignore list!
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#10ThePCElitistPosted 8/16/2013 6:39:37 AM(edited)
Mystical_NEET posted...
IronSasquatch posted...
Mystical_NEET posted...

Perhaps it does or will somehow. But we have no way of verifying that, so as far as we're concerned we are basically gambling our money on humanity.

"Yeah, this Humble Bundle's gonna be the one that cures cancer and stops gay lynching in Russia"

I mean seriously? Money is not the solution to all of life's problems.

Because you're doing it wrong. This funds research which could lead to a cure or better treatment methods of cancer. Get the stick out of your ass.

---