This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what's so bad about Origin?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So what's so bad about Origin?
2 years ago#1
The company owning it aside, is there anything actually wrong with it? I remember the huge backlash it got when it first came out, but now it seems people are all fine with it. So is there anything legitimately wrong with it?
---
"Jesus declared killcams unholy when he found out that his was over 2 hours long and directed by Mel Gibson."-GeneralKenobi85
2 years ago#2
origin has always been fine. the client lacks a few nice features that steam has, but the support is miles better than steam as well.
2 years ago#3
I was wondering that, too. I only installed it yesterday, so I could make use of the bundle. It seems to be okay.
2 years ago#4
People don't want multiple clients for their game libraries.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
2 years ago#5
Right now?
It's not Steam. That's about it.
2 years ago#6
I actually like the client, but people will whine and complain because it's put out by EA.
---
You get it started, and I'll run you over. That's the best plan I can think of.
2 years ago#7
I Kinda like it, its not the smoothest but ive had no major issues with it.
---
Brothers everywhere raise your hands into the air we're warriors, warriors of the World.
XFX 7970 DD CF, 1100T @ 4.0GHz
2 years ago#8
meh its okay.....like others said...its missing some features that steam has...and the fact that its not all in one place (all my games)
---
1055T | M4a77d | 6gb ddr2 | AMD 6870 | Sonata III | Antec 500w earthwatts | 500gb HD | 27" Monitor | Blu ray/dvd burner | Win 7 Prof | Razer BlackWidow Ult
2 years ago#9
DiamondDogs posted...
I actually like the client, but people will whine and complain because it's put out by EA.
2 years ago#10
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_%28content_delivery%29#Criticism
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So what's so bad about Origin?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived