This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what's so bad about Origin?

#61Surprise_CactusPosted 8/16/2013 1:16:00 PM
Lemur_H posted...
A witty reply from Surprise_Cactus. Rather than attempting to insult me, please elaborate on the connection between DRM and the holocaust.

Beg for it
---
The Windmill the Second is not just for show!
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9106/windmill2ndshl.jpg
#62TrueGBPosted 8/16/2013 1:20:36 PM
The only really bad thing I've heard about Origin is that one time a guy at Bioware called EA "the devil" at their forums. They banned his account for a few days, but apparently these accounts are tied to Origin, so when they ban your Origin account, they can ban you from not only using their services, but also lock you out of any Origin connected game.
---
Future Billionaire
#63Orestes417Posted 8/16/2013 1:22:50 PM
Probably both. Also, could we please insta-ban anyone who flippantly tosses around comparisons between *anything* and people who have committed genocide.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#64NingishzidaPosted 8/16/2013 1:25:43 PM
TrueGB posted...
The only really bad thing I've heard about Origin is that one time a guy at Bioware called EA "the devil" at their forums. They banned his account for a few days, but apparently these accounts are tied to Origin, so when they ban your Origin account, they can ban you from not only using their services, but also lock you out of any Origin connected game.

so they took products he paid for from him for simply having an opinion or calling an impersonal entity (a corporation) a name. yes i heard about that, charming...
#65hypersonic2000Posted 8/16/2013 1:26:52 PM
Ningishzida posted...
TrueGB posted...

so they took products he paid for from him for simply having an opinion or calling an impersonal entity (a corporation) a name. yes i heard about that, charming...

I work at EA/Origin and you don't even need to pay for EA games here....lol
---
http://i.imgur.com/P2Y5MzJ.jpg
#66eternalblue02Posted 8/16/2013 1:28:18 PM
I personally don't like EA and anything attached to them. That is my choice, so I don't use Origin. Not saying people shouldn't use it or it's bad etc.

I enjoy Steam instead. Everyone has to have an outlet of sorts.
#67dominatinggamerPosted 8/16/2013 1:30:32 PM
eternalblue02 posted...
I personally don't like EA and anything attached to them. That is my choice, so I don't use Origin. Not saying people shouldn't use it or it's bad etc.

I enjoy Steam instead. Everyone has to have an outlet of sorts.

Steam is amazing. Origin is run by EA and I've had nothing but bad experiences with origin and EA the past few years. So I don't buy EA games and by extension have no use for Origin.
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?
Nintendo ID: Warzone
#68NingishzidaPosted 8/16/2013 1:36:05 PM
hypersonic2000 posted...

I flip burgers for a living and my dark overlords let me gorge on fattening leftovers after work free of charge. I'm so grateful!
#69hypersonic2000Posted 8/16/2013 1:37:45 PM
Ningishzida posted...
hypersonic2000 posted...

I flip burgers for a living and my dark overlords let me gorge on fattening leftovers after work free of charge. I'm so grateful!

That sounds pretty sweet, tbqh. Free cheeseburgers.
---
http://i.imgur.com/P2Y5MzJ.jpg
#70MirageStrikerPosted 8/16/2013 1:44:04 PM
Actually from what I heard recently EA couldn't figure out what was wrong with the program itself so no one had access to multi-player in games. Not really a problem if you play Singleplayer but a serious problem to those games that strive on multi-player. So it's here or...there really.