This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what's so bad about Origin?

#81TheWreckonENGPosted 8/16/2013 5:17:09 PM
I wouldn't hate it as much, if IT COULD JUST LET ME DOWNLOAD MY FRIGGIN GAMES
#82lionheart5656Posted 8/16/2013 5:22:43 PM
x_stevey_x posted...
origin has always been fine. the client lacks a few nice features that steam has, but the support is miles better than steam as well.

This is a picture of EA support:

http://www.warishellgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?28400-You-will-surely-get-the-karkland

The guy I quoted obviously has no clue what he is talking about.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#83ZeraphLordSPosted 8/16/2013 5:36:32 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#84BlutonicPosted 8/16/2013 5:38:27 PM
dominatinggamer posted...
eternalblue02 posted...
I personally don't like EA and anything attached to them. That is my choice, so I don't use Origin. Not saying people shouldn't use it or it's bad etc.

I enjoy Steam instead. Everyone has to have an outlet of sorts.

Steam is amazing. Origin is run by EA and I've had nothing but bad experiences with origin and EA the past few years. So I don't buy EA games and by extension have no use for Origin.

This is the best explanation of why I don't use Origin.
---
"I'm glad I'm not friends with any of you in real life." -All Star : GameFAQs in a nutshell
#85tigerex777Posted 8/16/2013 5:54:48 PM
TheWreckonENG posted...

I never had a problem downloading my frigging games once on Origin.
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64
#86Paulo_LopesPosted 8/16/2013 5:55:36 PM
I don't have any particular problem with Origin, I actually kinda like the interface a little bit more even though I'm a fan of Steam's Big Picture mode for being more pratical most of the time but the download speed is way inferior to what I get from Steam and the very idea of multiple launchers is a negative point by default.

The fact that it is (obviously >_>) an EA focused library also puts it in a disadvantage when compared to Steam so, when given the choice I will always be inclined to get a Steam version of a game over a Origin one because I prefer to have things unified. We live in the age of smartphones, smartTVs, integrated services.

I can use my Nexus 4, and android phone, to interact with my windows/linux PC, my girlfriends samsung tablet can send instructions to my LG smart TV with proprietary OS so I can control Youtube and Netflix with it. I can use my mobile to do that as well and also see a nice promotion on Steam during launch hour at work and buy the game, use the app to tell my computer to start downloading and get home at the end of the day with a brand new game to play.

THAT is integration and it is good, having multiple clients, with multiple logins, dealing with multiple friend-lists (with a couple of "repeat friend" in them... it is just not in the best interest of the gamer.
---
~~ The self-appointed Immortal Iron Fist of the C&GN Board. ~~
#87TheWreckonENGPosted 8/16/2013 6:12:07 PM
tigerex777 posted...
TheWreckonENG posted...

Then you sir, are a lucky human being.
#88DiviDudePosted 8/16/2013 6:15:56 PM
tigerex777 posted...
TheWreckonENG posted...

Nor have I.
#89ThunderPotatoPosted 8/19/2013 8:23:09 PM
Another client I don't want with less features than the others.
---
http://jgpgaming.tumblr.com/