This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A pre built gaming PC for around $900?

#1ZacTBPosted 8/16/2013 9:01:51 AM
Hey, I know almost nothing about building PC's and parts and everything and I would like to get a pre-built PC in the 600 price range, which is around $900 (I'm from the UK). I don't have a monitor, keyboard or mouse either but I can get that separately it doesn't have to be in a package. This will probably be just for gaming as well, if that's important. So could someone recommend to me a good PC? Also is it possible for me to upgrade a pre-built PC in the future? Thanks.
#2Molt_CcCoyPosted 8/16/2013 9:14:00 AM
TBH if you plan on upgrading in the future you might as well just build your own. Its the same concept and its actually quite easy. I knew nothing about assembling a PC before I built my first one in June and I watched a few tutorials (Neweggs is very helpful) and it went by without a hitch.

But if you are dead set on not building one yourself yes you should be able to upgrade a prebuilt if you go along the lines of ecollege pc or something similar. The only problem is you have to make sure parts are compatible so you will have to either open up the pc and check or know whats going into.

If you think you might be interested in building something I would be more than happy (and most people on PCH) to put a part list together.

Also is the budget including monitor, keyboard mouse? If its ust $900 for the PC you can build something pretty beastly. You should be able to get a good keyboard, mouse and monitor for under $200
---
beat the b**** up; jello pudding
#3ZacTB(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 9:21:05 AM
Molt_CcCoy posted...
TBH if you plan on upgrading in the future you might as well just build your own. Its the same concept and its actually quite easy. I knew nothing about assembling a PC before I built my first one in June and I watched a few tutorials (Neweggs is very helpful) and it went by without a hitch.

But if you are dead set on not building one yourself yes you should be able to upgrade a prebuilt if you go along the lines of ecollege pc or something similar. The only problem is you have to make sure parts are compatible so you will have to either open up the pc and check or know whats going into.

If you think you might be interested in building something I would be more than happy (and most people on PCH) to put a part list together.

Also is the budget including monitor, keyboard mouse? If its ust $900 for the PC you can build something pretty beastly. You should be able to get a good keyboard, mouse and monitor for under $200

Thanks, I think I'd like to look at other options first before thinking of building one myself but I am still considering it. And no my budget doesn't include keyboard, mouse and monitor as long as the PC doesn't go above $900.
#4Knight2520Posted 8/16/2013 9:25:25 AM
yes you should be able to upgrade a prebuilt if you go along the lines of ecollege pc or something similar.

To clarify, this is only the case with sites that allow you to customize your build (such as eCollegePC as mentioned above). Generic, off-the-shelf desktops from Dell, HP, or other large manufacturers are not usually upgradeable.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Onyx Spartan II
The Timurids will never find me in America! - BlueYoshi579