This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is their anyway to uninstall Windows 8 or at least decompress the size?

#11XNo_FearX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 10:53:10 AM
Shub posted...
XNo_FearX posted...
Well if you have windows 8 then you automatically have windows 7

Ah, no, it doesn't work that way. And Windows 7 still takes about the same amount of space as Windows 8. Actually, I believe that Windows 8 is a little bit leaner than Windows 7.

Well then nevermind if thats the case
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
FC: 1392 - 4747 - 3214
#12gastamanPosted 8/16/2013 10:56:15 AM
You're probably losing a good amount of space to recovery partitions, your hibernate file, and your page file.
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
#13kevinwonghahaPosted 8/16/2013 10:58:06 AM
I guess... you should get a external drive rather than uninstalling the OS...
#14ShubPosted 8/16/2013 11:03:42 AM
gastaman posted...
You're probably losing a good amount of space to recovery partitions, your hibernate file, and your page file.

Yep... for the hibernate file, open an elevated command prompt and type: powercfg -h off
That'll liberate an amount of space equal to the size of your RAM, whatever that is (so if you have 8 GB of RAM, it'll permanently delete an 8 GB file on your SSD that you don't need unless you want to keep hibernation turned on).

For your page file, and only if you have 4 GB of RAM or more, go to Control Panel | System | Advanced system settings | Advanced tab | Performance | Advanced | Change... and uncheck "Automatically manage..." at the top. Select your C: drive, pick Custom size, set minimum to 200 and maximum to 2048, that should be more than sufficient. By default, your pagefile.sys is probably 1.5x the size of your RAM.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#15XNo_FearX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 11:11:14 AM
Shub posted...
gastaman posted...

Yep... for the hibernate file, open an elevated command prompt and type: powercfg -h off
That'll liberate an amount of space equal to the size of your RAM, whatever that is (so if you have 8 GB of RAM, it'll permanently delete an 8 GB file on your SSD that you don't need unless you want to keep hibernation turned on).

For your page file, and only if you have 4 GB of RAM or more, go to Control Panel | System | Advanced system settings | Advanced tab | Performance | Advanced | Change... and uncheck "Automatically manage..." at the top. Select your C: drive, pick Custom size, set minimum to 200 and maximum to 2048, that should be more than sufficient. By default, your pagefile.sys is probably 1.5x the size of your RAM.

thanks for the help
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
FC: 1392 - 4747 - 3214
#16PraetorXynPosted 8/16/2013 11:28:47 AM
Press Win+X, then click on Command Prompt (Administrator)

Run powercfrg -h off
Reboot

You're welcome.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#17Reaper_MinionPosted 8/17/2013 8:28:59 AM
XNo_FearX posted...
Reaper_Minion posted...
I smell a troll.

How am I trolling? just shut up and dont enter the thread

Your posts made you come off as a troll. If this is a serious topic, I apologize.
---
/|\ http://i.imgur.com/hK9c1lo.jpg?1
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY