This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody get Dead Space to work? Frame rate issues affecting controls etc

#1PhilOnDezPosted 8/16/2013 2:04:55 PM
Two major problems:

1. The obvious vsync bug where vsync makes the game unplayably unresponsive. Ive tried frame rate limits and vsync via NCP but neither has worked, even after game/PC restarts. I plugged in a controller and that worked fine so if there's no fix for this at least I can play it if I can get past problem 2.

2. This is even worse than that, after being chased down the hallway and elevator I end up in the room where you get the plasma cutter. I shoot the door lock and open the door, there's the guy who gets killed and he just kinda bounces around while screaming and then there's an invisible wall on the door and I can't go through. Even if I let the door shut and open it back up it's still there. There's no save point or anything so I can't reload without sitting through the opening cutscene again which I've done twice.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#2thebladeofwoePosted 8/16/2013 2:06:10 PM
this steam or origin phil?
---
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Powerglave/advanced
black 2FC 4685 8625 3119
#3JKatarnPosted 8/16/2013 2:11:48 PM
If you're referring to the in-game vsync, I had the same problem - enabling it turned the game into a "Quake on a 486" caliber slideshow for some reason, even though with the setting off the game runs silky smooth at max settings for me. You do need vsync enabled though or a bug in the physics engine means that the Necromorph that is supposed to come out of the door in that room never spawns, and you therefore cannot kill it which then makes that doorway passable. I forced vsync on in the Nvidia control panel and it solved that issue, though it did introduce a bit of control lag - enabling triple buffering mediated it to a degree (I'm playing the game with a PS1 controller and xbox360ce).
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#4Tony_Biggie_PunPosted 8/16/2013 2:14:16 PM(edited)
The game was developed so that it's locked at 30fps with Vsync on. Thats why it lags so much.

To fix it set vsync off and force vsync with triple buffering using D3DOverider. This makes it so that vsync works as it does normally.

You can also just play with vsync off
---
http://i.imgur.com/Z3MIjNj.jpg
#5ZukkusPosted 8/16/2013 2:13:55 PM
Works perfectly fine for me on Steam.
---
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss
#6PhilOnDez(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 2:14:42 PM
I'm on origin. I'll try playing up to that point one more time with vsync enabled, this has to be the worst port I've ever played, almost bad enough that I want to just forget it and dig out my 360 copy.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#7ZeraphLordSPosted 8/16/2013 2:17:20 PM
The game has negative mouse accel, no matter what vsync implementation you use (or don't).

The controller setup for this game has one of the best turning curves in any shooter, so you may prefer it if you can't stand the accel (also due to the non-relative analog sticks, the input lag is much less perceptible).

The ingame vsync setting caps you to 30fps, and comes with horrendous (33.33ms+) input lag.

Try D3DOverrider and force it from there. Triple Buffering if you can't maintain 60fps minimums.
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#8PhilOnDez(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 2:17:43 PM
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
You can also just play with vsync off

No you can't, the QTEs are frame based, not time based. If you don't play without some kind of frame limit you'll die every time you get grappled if you aren't on just horrible hardware.
---
#9Orestes417Posted 8/16/2013 2:19:17 PM
So don't get grappled. Can't say I've ever had issues playing with vsync off though.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#10PhilOnDez(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 2:26:23 PM
Orestes417 posted...
So don't get grappled. Can't say I've ever had issues playing with vsync off though.

Your answer to a crippling, game breaking bug that occurs during regular gameplay, sometimes completely out of the player's control, is to not do that thing? Brilliant.
---