This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is irritating....Pewdiepie is #1 on Youtube in subscribers...

#101SpideyknightPosted 8/17/2013 4:49:14 AM
LordSeifer posted...
jenna marbles is a millionaire? that just seems so damn crazy,.

She makes 4.3 million a year, she had a ET special or something that featured her. I think she's pretty funny though, more power to her.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
#102Worm199Posted 8/17/2013 4:50:07 AM
SandOnMyBoot posted...
The Youtube Top 100 has a severe lack of quality control.

And Pewdiepie is the absolute worst and most egotistical Let's Player I've ever seen.

I'm just hoping that his 12/13 year old fanbase will grow up soon.

He does donate a lot of his money to charity, he can't be that bad.

I never got his success, but now I watched that Game Theory video and understand it way more.

TobyGames comes off worse imo, since he just looks like a bad PewDiePie ripoff. Unless he actually started first, then it's the opposite.

But people complaining about how PewDiePie doesn't deserve to be the most subscribed due to how much less time and effort he puts into his video has to realize, that's how it goes everywhere in life. In video games, in movies, in music, there are so many examples of overlooked games a smaller fanbase love (The Longest Journey, Psychonauts). These games typically have more time and effort put into them than many commercial successes (Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, all kinds of sports games). It may not be fair, but you can earn a lot with little time and effort, if you play your cards right.

That's how PewDiePie conquered youtube.
---
''Wisest is he who knows, that he knows nothing'' - Socrates
I would like to change that to ''Wisest is the wrestling fan who knows nothing beforehand''
#103blakegallowayPosted 8/17/2013 4:53:35 AM
Worm199 posted...
SandOnMyBoot posted...
The Youtube Top 100 has a severe lack of quality control.

And Pewdiepie is the absolute worst and most egotistical Let's Player I've ever seen.

I'm just hoping that his 12/13 year old fanbase will grow up soon.

He does donate a lot of his money to charity, he can't be that bad.

I never got his success, but now I watched that Game Theory video and understand it way more.

TobyGames comes off worse imo, since he just looks like a bad PewDiePie ripoff. Unless he actually started first, then it's the opposite.

But people complaining about how PewDiePie doesn't deserve to be the most subscribed due to how much less time and effort he puts into his video has to realize, that's how it goes everywhere in life. In video games, in movies, in music, there are so many examples of overlooked games a smaller fanbase love (The Longest Journey, Psychonauts). These games typically have more time and effort put into them than many commercial successes (Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, all kinds of sports games). It may not be fair, but you can earn a lot with little time and effort, if you play your cards right.

That's how PewDiePie conquered youtube.

Swap Fred for PewDiePie and people had this same exact conversation a few years ago.
#104UFOLochePosted 8/17/2013 4:55:22 AM(edited)
DerPancake posted...
Panzer_Squid posted...
LordSeifer posted...
jenna marbles is a millionaire? that just seems so damn crazy,.

Entertainment sells. And pewdiepie caters to the lowest common denominator on the internet: stupid white kids.

I don't like a sucessful person and its followers, they are all stupid, dumb and inferior to me, I'm smart because I don't like him.

Haha I love the internet.

It's true, though, he really does do that. There's nothing WRONG with the guy(Kind of, I guess. Outside the internet), I mean, if he supports the Humble Bundle like he is, then obviously he's doing something right, right? But alot of his fans are complete morons(Look at any video that is harassed by his "Bro army") and his videos are, to many adult males it seems, terrible.

Honestly, I respect him for going on Youtube and making what very well may be millions(I should note that the site, apparently, can be innacurate) by making (overly exaggerated and fake) reactions to horror games and other (annoying) videos.

Actually(Edit:I use honestly way too much it seems), all of what he does reminds me of what Hamlet told us NOT to do, ha ha. It's funny how times change, huh? Now the groundlings are the people the actors are trying to impress!
---
NNID:UFOLoche Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#105Jprime666Posted 8/17/2013 4:57:16 AM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgMqhEMhVV8

That, and also he's perfect for girls and little kids (what big companies target, they generate a crazy amount of money; also, most of them probably don't know what AdBlock is):
He's a pretty boy
He has a foreign accent but it's still really easy to understand him
He's hyper and vulgar
There are memes within his fanbase that keep them talking
His girlfriend probably attracts some people
etc.

All of these combine and attract a lot of annoying fans that heavily support him (such as talking about him in school and "advertising" on other YouTube videos by saying stuff like "PewDiePie did it first"). I'm not trying to bash on everyone that's subscribed to him, but the annoying ones are in plain sight (the YouTube comment section and unfortunately sometimes in real life). Not all ~11.5 million subscribers have similar personalities or are the same age, fortunately.

He played all of the cards right, whether he knew it or not.

I like PewDiePie's earlier stuff, and he still seems like a decent guy when he's not screaming about nothing (or immature/offensive things). The PewDiePie "culture" sort of went to his head though, and it's especially noticeable when he's in the middle of gaming. Once in a blue moon, I watch one or two videos in some of his series, and each time I feel like I'm sitting in a room with a bunch of mindless demon children and we're all watching the same video.

I like how he's stayed a PC gamer and is now the number one most-subscribed YouTube channel and probably will be for a long time. It brings attention to PC gaming (even though he might be a terrible image for PC gaming to some, he's still extremely popular, and that's what counts).

---
How many emotions is people?
#106TropicMoon10Posted 8/17/2013 4:59:19 AM
UFOLoche posted...
But alot of his fans are complete morons(Look at any video that is harassed by his "Bro army") and his videos are, to many adult males it seems, terrible.

That's mostly because PewDiePie encourages the behavior tbh. But in his defense, if you got paid for sitting and playing video games for hours everyday, you wouldn't give two craps about intelligence of your fans as long as you got paid nicely. >_>
---
-TropicMoon - as humid as a summer's day on triton
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#107UFOLochePosted 8/17/2013 5:06:23 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...
UFOLoche posted...
But alot of his fans are complete morons(Look at any video that is harassed by his "Bro army") and his videos are, to many adult males it seems, terrible.

That's mostly because PewDiePie encourages the behavior tbh. But in his defense, if you got paid for sitting and playing video games for hours everyday, you wouldn't give two craps about intelligence of your fans as long as you got paid nicely. >_>

All part of his Youtube personality, and yea, I honestly understand why he does it. I don't think I'd be able to do it but, again, I respect him for seeing an opportunity and taking it, after all, that's how anyone gets rich.

Really, I just wanted to note how this reminds me of that speech in Hamlet(One of my favorite plays) and how it kind of shows how much we've changed as a society(Well, obviously, it's been a long time).

...Kinda annoys me that I never thought of doing something like this, though..it's always the simple crap, it seems..
---
NNID:UFOLoche Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#108FRo3tBLo0dPosted 8/17/2013 6:31:15 AM
Anyone who hates on someone because of their success is a jealous loser. Just saying. I don't watch Pewdiepie but good for him. He put in the work and got the subs.
#109Lil_Bit83Posted 8/17/2013 6:34:26 AM
isn't that that guy who makes those mini homemade horror movies?
---
A good game's a good game, so why do we have console wars?
#110runromPosted 8/17/2013 6:39:20 AM(edited)
My life is just a little bit better that I don't know this guy nor watch his videos. My life is even better given that I don't need to harbor resentment to affirm the earlier.

Edit: Just to clarify, I used to watch Angry Video Game Nerd when I was younger. The same type of angry vulgar commentary that AVGN used is similar to the same demographic enjoys pewdiepew or similar types of videos. Then I grew up, stopped watching and moved on. I'll give people who are fans of this guy the same benefit of finding out for themselves if they want to continue or move on from this type of humor.
---
MBP 2009 | Intel i5 3570k + Powercolor 7870 Myst | HP Touchpad 32gb CM9 | MyTouch4g running 4.1
Now part of the 500 posts club.