This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is irritating....Pewdiepie is #1 on Youtube in subscribers...

#91Binba442Posted 8/17/2013 3:29:32 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Slayn posted...
Rhymefest posted...
this is still relevant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXX8X8ikfno

I find it funny how little subscribers he has. He used to be real popular years ago...

He was right though. This video came out before Fred had a TV show and two movies.

It's 3 movies. :(

Children are stupid. /topic
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#92TimePharaohPosted 8/17/2013 3:39:22 AM
I haven't heard of 90% of that list, and the ones I have heard of are all terrible annoying people (with the exclusion of ERB, Nigahiga and Lonely Island)
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#93Hi CPosted 8/17/2013 3:42:24 AM
kbe2k2 posted...
First time I've even heard of the guy was the Humble Weekly Bundle and seeing the post about him here and I'm on Youtube all the time watching gaming related content.

Not sure how he's gotten so famous on Youtube but anyways good for him.

He makes lots of facecam horror videos with fake reactions, shrieks at the top of his lungs, and tells "rape jokes" every 5 seconds at everything that happens.

He was caught on Retsupuraes channel making fun of his own fanbase and calling them basically nothing but a paycheck to him when they did some videos about him.
---
You'll be my John G.
#94TheOtherGuyXPosted 8/17/2013 3:44:46 AM
There are way, way too many of these 20-something, fad-jumping, stupid gamer personalities mostly thanks to AVGN's success.

Just type in "surgeon simulator 2013" in a YT search and look at the results. It almost looks like they all come from the same channel, mimmicking each other's thumbnail Photoshops. None of them are remotely worthwhile.
---
"The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams."
#95TimePharaohPosted 8/17/2013 3:44:48 AM
Peachrules14 posted...
I wish Jenna Marbles was higher. While she's laced with profanity and obscurity, most of her videos have an underlying meaning that most do not pick up on. I love her tell it like it is attitude, and she has that rare quality of being able to truly connect with people. I feel like we're friends, as weird as that sounds, even though I'll never even meet her.

I have bipolar disorder, and I found that I would have very difficult times at night. I would watch stand-up comedy and feel better for a while, but I started watching Jenna's videos as I'd fall asleep. In an interview, she said that one of the best things that she can hear is that she made someone laugh. For me, she not only made me laugh, she made me smile, and for a while that was something that was very hard to do. I thank her and respect her.

Dear BlogFaqs,

Today I blogged. It was cool.

Sincerely,
Jenna Marbles Gamefaqs Account
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#96DogmanwalkingPosted 8/17/2013 3:59:32 AM
Let's be honest, pretty much nobody watches Pewdiepie for the walkthroughs, they watch because they like his personality and humor. If they actually wanted a walkthrough, they'd watch HCBailly or something. As it stands, he's popular as heck, and if you don't like his videos as a walkthrough, you're watching it wrong.
#97anksikPosted 8/17/2013 4:02:11 AM
What bothers me is the fact that people make a big deal about. So what he's number one why is there needs to be a post every 5 seconds that points out how popular he is and that they hate it or it bothers them in some way. If it weren't for these posts I wouldn't have ever known who he is and even though I do I'm still indifferent.
#98Combo MasterPosted 8/17/2013 4:05:01 AM
I don't like smosh or pewdie pie. All 3 come off as closet gays to me and most videos i have watched are cringe worthy at times. All my favorite youtubers have barely any subscribers.
---
Combo Master
#99SlaynPosted 8/17/2013 4:20:00 AM
Considering that crap reality shows and American Idol is #1 on TV, why is anyone surprised?
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#100MitsufreakPosted 8/17/2013 4:28:43 AM
Pewdiepie I find isn't my type of Youtube personality I would watch regularly. I don't find him entertaining, but I don't find his success irritating. Good for him, I think!