This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A game just gets added to my Steam library without me doing it?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. A game just gets added to my Steam library without me doing it?

User Info: bsballa09

bsballa09
3 years ago#1
I go to look at my library, and the game EYE: Divine Cybermancy is added. I didn't buy it or download it. What just happened lol.
:: Intel i5 3570k 3.4GHz :: EVGA GTX 760 2GB :: ASUS P8Z77-V LK :: Corsair CX600 :: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB :: Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM :: ASUS 22'' LED ::

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
3 years ago#2
Are you new to steam? Notice how it sayd 1 day left next to it? Games on steam often have a free weekend/set amount of days for you to try them, usually while the game is on sale.
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."

User Info: N_T_S_C

N_T_S_C
3 years ago#3
free weekend
ntsc

N_T_S_C
3 years ago#4
yeah what he said
ntsc

User Info: bsballa09

bsballa09
3 years ago#5
daemon_dan posted...
Are you new to steam? Notice how it sayd 1 day left next to it? Games on steam often have a free weekend/set amount of days for you to try them, usually while the game is on sale.

Yes, I am new. Didn't know that. So if I install it, what happens after the free weekend is over? Does it get deleted from my library?
:: Intel i5 3570k 3.4GHz :: EVGA GTX 760 2GB :: ASUS P8Z77-V LK :: Corsair CX600 :: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB :: Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM :: ASUS 22'' LED ::

N_T_S_C
3 years ago#6
yes, unless you buy it. It's half off atm. But I'm pretty sure you need to manually uninstall it from add/remove programs
ntsc

User Info: akuma634

akuma634
3 years ago#7
One time I got LA Noire on Steam, it wasn't gifted, I didn't buy it, the game just showed up for me free.
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
3 years ago#8
akuma634 posted...
One time I got LA Noire on Steam, it wasn't gifted, I didn't buy it, the game just showed up for me free.

Weird glitch that I've never seen before. But cool for you. I loved that game on PS3 :)
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."

User Info: bikeblaster

bikeblaster
3 years ago#9
akuma634 posted...

Really? Explain more.
2500k @4.2 GHz | Z68X-UD3P | Hyper 212+ | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 | Samsung Spinpoint 1 TB+WD 320 | Win 7 64-bit | Corsair 750HX| CM 690 II Adv

N_T_S_C
3 years ago#10
akuma634 posted...

I'm notifying the Rockstar and Valve Police right now.
ntsc
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. A game just gets added to my Steam library without me doing it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived