This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamer just aren't happy with anything these days?

#1x_Alpha_xPosted 8/16/2013 8:49:56 PM
This has kind of been on my mind for a while now. And what actually made me upset are just comments, all of these came from the same site (which i'm not actually sure if I can name the site here but it is some what of a gaming news site among other things and it starts with a K... there ya go) But today I was reading the comments for a post about "Dying Light" which looks like a pretty great title so far even in the pre-alpha stages. But it truly baffled me how even then for this people still aren't excited for a new title and are already downing it. Things like this makes me think that the video gaming community as a whole are really just way to fickle and hate-filled to be excited about a new title. Like I feel as if gaming goes down the toilet it will be because of things like this. For instance Cliff Blizenski "Cliffy B" as he's known. tweeted out a simple picture of a project he was working on. and people went absolutely nuts with the hate in an instant. it was a picture of a guy in a canyon like area holding a gun near a speedboat by a river. All the comments were negative, just from a picture with no detail. It honestly baffles me to no end how the video game community just can't get excited for things or at least give some thing the benefit of the doubt that maybe it could be the next great game.

Thoughts?
#2KidInTheHallPosted 8/16/2013 8:54:46 PM
DV8 and Cody are being dicks. They're leveling up in Payday 2 while I have to work so now I'm going to be behind!
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#3DiviDudePosted 8/16/2013 8:57:36 PM
Eh, in my experience it's true about pretty much anyone who posts any sort of comments on the Internets, it really doesn't matter what domain it happens to be. Something about the Internets strongly selects for whiny, entitled, man-children (or woman-children or just children) who complain about anything and everything for mostly no good reason. Boredom? Everybody's a critic? Who knows.
#4daemon_danPosted 8/16/2013 8:59:12 PM
The angriest are always the loudest. They don't represent the community as a whole. I will admit a lot of the let downs lately are leaving me a little jaded, but i still get excited for games. The ones criticizing in such early stages are just the ones that can't get into anything and feel their opinions must be heard... again... and again... and again.
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#5x_Alpha_x(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 9:02:20 PM
It just makes me want to ask them the question of why continue to be a gamer if you're just going to be so angry about everything that comes out and not even give it a chance. I mean I understand being let down by a title can make you a little weary of new titles but everything deserves the benefit of the doubt.
#6ShadowThaReaperPosted 8/16/2013 9:04:21 PM
There are tons of games out. Stop attaching your emotions to them. It's silly.
#7x_Alpha_x(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 9:06:01 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...

Im not attaching my emotions to a game. if you understood the point I was making it was that basically it seems no one is allowed to be happy about new titles
#8ShadowThaReaperPosted 8/16/2013 9:06:47 PM
You can be happy. But you can't put that expectation on other people. They don't have to care about what you care about.
#9blakegallowayPosted 8/16/2013 9:08:33 PM
x_Alpha_x posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...

Im not attaching my emotions to a game. if you understood the point I was making it was that basically it seems no one is allowed to be happy about new titles

I personally like the public's reaction to solid AAA titles worth 8's and 9's.
#10LoshadtPosted 8/16/2013 9:12:36 PM
With the way the industry is right now, I consider every game bad until it shows me otherwise. There used to be a time where I could put money down on a game and at worst it would be just "okay". Today I could spend up to 60$ on a game and end up with something like DmC:Devil may Cry Part 1, the Wubbening.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.