This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamer just aren't happy with anything these days?

#11R i c kPosted 8/16/2013 8:18:05 PM
It's cool to hate, as the song goes.

If you want to put yourself in the public eye then you either have to have thick skin or block yourself from the slings and arrows of the general public. If a dev wants to do the latter, I don't see a problem with that. Post info about your work but don't allow comments, don't have forums on your site, etc. That might seem ridiculous in this day and age where community feedback is the norm but when the majority of it isn't worth listening to and if it discourages your creative spirit then it's better not to have it. At the end of the day, a creator has to do what they do because they love doing it or they will simply create crap.
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
#12DiviDudePosted 8/16/2013 8:19:27 PM
Loshadt posted...
With the way the industry is right now, I consider every game bad until it shows me otherwise. There used to be a time where I could put money down on a game and at worst it would be just "okay".

Tell that to people who dished out full price for Superman 64 back in the day.
#13x_Alpha_x(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 8:24:14 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
You can be happy. But you can't put that expectation on other people. They don't have to care about what you care about.

then why let it be your hobby of choice if all you can do is berate everything new? it seems a little counterproductive?
#14TimePharaohPosted 8/17/2013 2:35:29 AM
x_Alpha_x posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
You can be happy. But you can't put that expectation on other people. They don't have to care about what you care about.

then why let it be your hobby of choice if all you can do is berate everything new? it seems a little counterproductive?

Because gaming in general is totally productive.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png