This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

calling all pc gamers!!!!

#21NicodimusPosted 8/16/2013 11:29:23 PM
phantasy posted...
There is really no way to screw up unless you are extremely clumsy.

True, with the exception of the motherboard CPU socket pins, which are extremely fragile and need to be treated with great care. Most things only fit one way though, so unless you force something into a place it's not meant for, it's not going to break.
---
My movie and gaming room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU
#22reincarnator07Posted 8/17/2013 3:47:40 AM
We've spent a lot of time and given no recommendations and asked no questions...

TC, what is your budget? Do you need mouse/keyboard/monitor/speakers/any other peripherals?
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#23sauruschamp1Posted 8/17/2013 3:59:59 AM
A good build that will play most games on high (but might struggle maxing a few) is:

Kingston ValueRAM 8GB (2x 4GB) Desktop Memory Kit DDR3

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 OC 2GB Video Card

Intel Core i5 3570K Unlocked Quad Core LGA 1155 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Processor

OCZ ZT Series OCZ-ZT650W 650W Modular Power Supply

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Motherboard

Lite-On iHAS324 Internal Optical Drive - 24x12x8x /24x12x6x/12x + 48x24x48x, DVDRW, CDRW - SATA - Retail

Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (SSD) - SATA III - 520MB/s Read & 320MB/s Write - 2xnm Toggle DDR NAND - 3-Core ARMv9 MCX Controller (MZ-7PC128B)

Noctua All-In-One Performance Multi-Socket CPU Cooler

Just add a HDD of the size you want (ie 1TB or 500Gb or whatever floats your boat) and a case (this is really personal choice) and your OS (basically a windows 7 cd).

If you have extra money change from a gtx760 to a gtx770 just depends how much you want to spend. Also use pcpartpicker.com it will tell you if any parts are incompatible (usually the only thing you have to worry about is that the motherboard has the right socket for your cpu)
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian SteamID: Zarosio 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde
#24Fade2black001Posted 8/17/2013 4:18:59 AM
daemon_dan posted...
Nicodimus posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Well... he's kinda dumb. The parts should be under warranty, and it's not hard to say "The pins were bent when I got it" and RMA it.

Newegg refuses any RMA'd motherboard with the socket pins bent. They ship it back to you at your cost, so it would cost even more to send it back. They don't care if you say it came that way, that specific issue is not covered under any circumstances. If you don't believe me, start reading the 1-star reviews for any mobo chosen at random and you'll see other people complaining about the same thing.

Not to mention, that's very dishonest, and I'd never do that.

RMA it to newegg? Really? RMA it to the manufacturer. 5 bucks says they'll take it back even if you tell them you accidentally bent them

Biostar doesnt do this. I know this first hand.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#25ZeraphLordSPosted 8/17/2013 4:46:51 AM
ecollegepc will charge a small fee to put together the components of your choosing, while still retaining the savings and efficiency of building your own.

take a good build from this topic, and get them to build it for you; they're this board's recommended staple.

post a budget and I'm sure someone can help you out :)
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#26Marioface5Posted 8/17/2013 5:14:07 AM
THEskeksis posted...
we are not that kind of computer savvy. are there people who will custom build one for you? i know, how noob, but seriously we arent the building computer types.

It's understandable to be intimidated by the thought of building your first computer, but it really is a lot easier than it seems. As long as you're careful, you should be fine. There really aren't that many steps to it, and as someone else said there are tons of useful guides and videos to help you do it. Maybe you have a friend or family member that can help?

If you want to get into PC gaming, it's important to understand how your own computer works. Not only will building one let you get better parts of significantly less money, but it will also make you far more familiar with how your computer works and what exactly is inside of it. Should you ever need to fiddle with your hardware, you'll definitely want to have been the person who put it together in the first place.

It's your choice, of course, and if you're really that uncomfortable with the idea then I guess that's understandable. But I really can't emphasize enough how much better off you'll be if you take the time to learn how to build a computer and put yours together yourself. If you're undecided, I suggest looking up some of those guides and videos and see what you think of it all. I hope whatever you choose to do works out for you.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#27Eli_SamaPosted 8/17/2013 6:24:18 AM
I would suggest something like mine(see my sig) but switch the cpu with an Fx 8350 and the SSD with a Samsung 840, or switch motherboard and go intel, Asrock Z77 Extreme4 with an i5 3570k, you can also go with an HD7970 instead of 7950
---
Asrock 970 DE3/U3S3 \ M12 II Bz 520w / Ballistik 12Gb DDR3 / Ocz 64Gb SSD / HDD 500Gb / XFX HD 7950 3Gb BE Oc / FX 8150 / Hyper Evo 212 / Haf 932 Advanced
#28gsf4lyfePosted 8/17/2013 7:20:00 AM
If you want a custom built PC but don't want to build it yourself ecollegepc.com is a great site. I have several friends who have ordered from them and all have had great experiences.
---
FX-6300 @ 4.3ghz | GTX 760 | 970 extreme3 | 8GB DDR3 1600
SteamID: gsf4lyfe
#29THEskeksis(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 10:00:24 AM
thaks for all of the helpful posts, im not new to here so i knew at least one person would be "that guy". but we will watch the videos =]

the types of games again are:
Final Fantasy XIV: a realm reborn
Skyrim
Elder Scrolls Online
Sims
WoW
LoL
possibly Battlefield 4

and pretty much whatever looks good that will be coming out. like i said before we are looking for quality over price. we are also going to start looking for places that will custom build for us. that way we can ease into getting into PC gaming and start tinkering around gradually.

really appreciate the help guys/girls!

any products that we should stay away from? top shelf products that are always out doing themselves?
---
I used to be addicted to soap, but I'm clean now...
#30THEskeksis(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 10:03:35 AM
Marioface5 posted...
THEskeksis posted...
we are not that kind of computer savvy. are there people who will custom build one for you? i know, how noob, but seriously we arent the building computer types.

It's understandable to be intimidated by the thought of building your first computer, but it really is a lot easier than it seems. As long as you're careful, you should be fine. There really aren't that many steps to it, and as someone else said there are tons of useful guides and videos to help you do it. Maybe you have a friend or family member that can help?

If you want to get into PC gaming, it's important to understand how your own computer works. Not only will building one let you get better parts of significantly less money, but it will also make you far more familiar with how your computer works and what exactly is inside of it. Should you ever need to fiddle with your hardware, you'll definitely want to have been the person who put it together in the first place.

It's your choice, of course, and if you're really that uncomfortable with the idea then I guess that's understandable. But I really can't emphasize enough how much better off you'll be if you take the time to learn how to build a computer and put yours together yourself. If you're undecided, I suggest looking up some of those guides and videos and see what you think of it all. I hope whatever you choose to do works out for you.

how inspiring!! we are so used to console gaming (plug and play) that we didnt think twice about how much we should look into haha now to do some homework....
---
I used to be addicted to soap, but I'm clean now...