This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

calling all pc gamers!!!!

#31BogePosted 8/17/2013 12:23:46 PM
It's a matter of plugging things together where they fit (pretty much just one place!)

The only reasons I can see to not build one yourself is if you're lazy and don't want to spend the time, or if you really want that tech support phone number for your computer.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#32VebaloriusPosted 8/17/2013 12:51:53 PM(edited)
Sometimes it does seem daunting at first, and to be honest, the hardest part is putting in the cpu and heatsink, but many heatsinks now have included thermal paste and easy-mount pins. It is definitely paramount that you know how your computer will work even if you buy pre-built. You don't need to know the intricacies of pc architecture, however. You can always continue to learn through research later.

But, if you want to have a pc to get to know and learn as you have one, as others have mentioned, http://www.ecollegepc.com/ is the recommended place if you intend to buy pre-built. Others can give you hints/suggestions on types of builds from there, and what would be optimal, but at the same time, learn about the hardware that's going into that pre-built so that you can build on that knowledge.
---
[ER] [WoT Lurker Army]
#33PanopictonguyPosted 8/17/2013 1:01:30 PM(edited)
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Dedmonds87/saved/1Vag

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)**

Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Newegg) **

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg) *

Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($122.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($82.99 @ NCIX US)

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($679.99 @ Newegg)

Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-N15 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($24.99 @ Microcenter)

Case: NZXT Phantom 630 (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($144.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: Corsair Professional 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg) *

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.48 @ Outlet PC)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)

Total: $1794.36 (-700 If you can live without Ultra HD graphics.)

I just recently built this. I have everything except the video card and it runs awesome. I can run pretty much everything on Medium-high with Intel HD4600.

When I say anything I mean

Skyrim
GTA IV
Remember Me

I can get between 25 to 30 fps stable. Once I get my GPU it should hold me over for this entire console generation.

NOTE This was the first PC I ever built from scratch and it was not hard. Even though I did have prior experience taking older pcs apart and swapping parts around.

*I got these items on sale so they were cheaper than listed here.

**These Items were combo'd together for a discount

Things like the case, wireless adapter, & disc drive are all optional things. You can pretty much get any case I just have tons of extra space lol. The wireless adapter & disc driver I got later...just because. I really didn't need them because i had other ways of connecting to the internet and getting drivers.

---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#34PanopictonguyPosted 8/17/2013 1:03:14 PM
THEskeksis posted...

how inspiring!! we are so used to console gaming (plug and play) that we didnt think twice about how much we should look into haha now to do some homework....

If you really don't want to build it yourself you can always just order all the parts. Take them to a computer store and they'll put it together for a fee. Call around and see if you can find one. I know MicroCenter will build your PC for $100. You might also be able to get warranties through them if you do this.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#35JKatarnPosted 8/17/2013 1:19:40 PM
N_T_S_C posted...
daemon_dan posted...
MasterDonGero posted...
THEskeksis posted...
we are not that kind of computer savvy. are there people who will custom build one for you? i know, how noob, but seriously we arent the building computer types.

What are you, five? You can easily learn how to build a computer.

Hey. Try not acting like an ass

You're on gamefaqs, it's virtually impossible for some.

Yeah, what's next, shower regularly?!?, Hold the door for people?
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#36THEskeksis(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 4:42:55 PM
^troll lol

anyways thanks again for sharing your specs everyone, its giving us some good ideas where to look and compare.

and for the trolls, have fun. we are getting what we came on here for ;]
---
I used to be addicted to soap, but I'm clean now...
#37DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/18/2013 5:10:13 PM
As a word of advice, the best thing you can do right now is make a new topic on these forums with a budget(IE, around $800, not over $1200, ect) in mind and ask for the best build for the price.
As long as you avoid <$500, which just attracts a whole lot of "lol that cant plya gaem" posts, it should get a nice pile of build suggestions.
Since you're looking to play MMOs, I highly suggest an intel system at any pricepoint above $500. They handle a lot of characters on screen at onece a lot better.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#38THEskeksis(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 5:21:31 PM
thanks! i will figure out what our budget is. and she mostly plays MMO's but open to others
---
I used to be addicted to soap, but I'm clean now...