This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Overclocking proccessor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Overclocking proccessor

User Info: XxTwisted26xX

XxTwisted26xX
3 years ago#1
Hey guys, I see a lot of people overclocking their proccessor (this specific one) to 3.7 GHz. And I know this particular CPU is locked, but how are they still overclocking it? im still new to the PC gaming world. I was to raise the GHz a bit as I think my CPU is bottlenecking me pretty bad.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P Ivy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.3GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 69W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80637i53350P

Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

GPU: SAPPHIRE 100351SR Radeon HD 7970 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card OC with Boost
Steam: xxtwisted26xx
"When you play the games of thrones, you win or you die. Theres no middle ground" - Cersei Lannister to Eddard Stark

User Info: redrum187

redrum187
3 years ago#2
you can raise the turbo boost up 4 bins or 400mhz on locked non "K" cpus like the i5 you have.
i still haven't found what i'm looking for...

XxTwisted26xX
3 years ago#3
Ah do I do that through BIOS?
"When you play the games of thrones, you win or you die. Theres no middle ground" - Cersei Lannister to Eddard Stark

XxTwisted26xX
3 years ago#4
There's also a setting in Catalyst Control Center under Performance--->AMD OverDrive that shows:

High Performance GPU Clock settings 950 MHz

high Performance memory clock settings: 1425

User Info: LordSeifer

LordSeifer
3 years ago#5
your gpu is not your cpu
^ this

User Info: castrejon04

castrejon04
3 years ago#6
Is there a reason you didn't get the 3570k? You bought a Z77 motherboard design for overclocking, but you got a processor not meant for that.
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa

XxTwisted26xX
3 years ago#7
Ah sorry Im a noob at all this! Oh, but also if I wanted my memory to run at 1600 (I have 8 gigs of RAM) shouldnt the memory clock be 1600 or is that something else?

XxTwisted26xX
3 years ago#8
castrejon04 posted...
Is there a reason you didn't get the 3570k? You bought a Z77 motherboard design for overclocking, but you got a processor not meant for that.

This was the first PC I built and I made it at the beginning of the summer. I had originally planned on making a budget gaming PC that can run most games on medium settings. But then I got addicted to newegg and its sales and got more items :P. I want to upgrade the CPU but school is starting up again and now Im broke </3

User Info: LordSeifer

LordSeifer
3 years ago#9
XxTwisted26xX posted...
Ah sorry Im a noob at all this! Oh, but also if I wanted my memory to run at 1600 (I have 8 gigs of RAM) shouldnt the memory clock be 1600 or is that something else?

LordSeifer posted...
your gpu is not your cpu
^ this

XxTwisted26xX
3 years ago#10
Anyone? :(
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Overclocking proccessor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived