This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best multiplayer games for solo players?

#11Maiken100Posted 8/17/2013 9:47:07 AM
Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition (Does require skill tho)
Dirt 3
Black ops 2 (Play Free for all and solo game types)
#12blade6321Posted 8/17/2013 9:48:34 AM
Garquille14 posted...
blade6321 posted...
Teamwork is a big part of the game, but it's nowhere near as complex as dota and team based.

if you're just playing in pubs then no it isn't, but if you're actually playing competitive matches then yes it is

blade6321 posted...
figurehead00 posted...
I don't know a lot about TF2, but isn't it kind of the opposite of that? Based on what I know about it (and the title) it seems like a pretty team focused game. That's why I wouldn't approach something like DOTA 2.

Also, I just beat Dark Souls a few weeks ago, and you're right, it's amazing.

In pubs no.

Teamwork is a big part of the game, but it's nowhere near as complex as dota and team based.

in TF2 you can just hop on a server and kill stuff, as long as you're good it's fine.

Did you even read the rest of my post?
---
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#13PhilOnDezPosted 8/17/2013 9:53:02 AM
Mass Effect 3's mp is pretty awesome and I've played that as part of a group maybe twice. Sometimes you'll get horrible pugs but it's usually not too bad. Your first few specs will probably be horrible though so I'd copy a few from the ME3 boards (360 one is the most active) to get started.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#14Garquille14Posted 8/17/2013 9:54:14 AM
blade6321 posted...
Did you even read the rest of my post?

I was elaborating because I thought what you said was easily misinterpretable
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#15bubbas111Posted 8/17/2013 10:30:21 AM
Garquille14 posted...
blade6321 posted...

if you're just playing in pubs then no it isn't, but if you're actually playing competitive matches then yes it is

Especially as a new player it doesn't really matter because you won't be able to tell what makes the difference between a high level of play and a low level of play. Just go around on pubs and kill things. Watch some newbie videos on youtube and look at topics on the tf2 board here and reddit just so you don't pick up bad habits. Oh and try not to play only on 24 2fort servers. I actually think 2fort is fun for a quick mindless game, but try not to only play it.
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3265619