This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to get a refund for a game?

#1capgamerPosted 8/17/2013 10:30:43 AM
I'm pretty pissed right now. I don't know why... but I was really craving Final Fantasy 7 so I bought the PC port and it is just god awful. I've only put like 10 minutes in... I want my money back. It doesn't work correctly with controllers... the music is screwed up... I had to register just to play it... I am really disappointed with this game.

Can I get a refund? If so, how?
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#2capgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 10:30:57 AM
On Steam, sorry
---
The man keeps us down
#3ATARIJAWAPosted 8/17/2013 10:31:57 AM
No refunds through steam.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#4capgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 10:33:22 AM
Ah I figured that was the case. Wow... really wish I'd done more research. It's practically unplayable for me it's so freaking terrible. Don't buy it if you're considering it. That's my advice. :\
---
The man keeps us down
#5ThePCElitistPosted 8/17/2013 10:34:24 AM
Lolwat I didn't have to register for anything to play FFVII on steam. It just worked as soon as I installed it.
---
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, x2 Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, SLI GTX 680 Lightning, AX850, Antec 1200 v3
#6capgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 10:36:41 AM
It made me register for SquareEnix.com to play the game, the music is screwed up beyond belief... the joystick won't let you remap up-down-left-right, so in-game it's hyper-sensitive and you can't select anything since you move 3-4 slots in the menu every time you tap the joystick... name entry is screwed up and every time you enter a character it assumes you're done and goes straight to the end...

it's just a really, really awful port. We're talking probably the second worst port I've ever played. The first worst was Sonic Adventure, if you're curious.
---
The man keeps us down
#7xLexLuth0rxPosted 8/17/2013 10:37:25 AM
FFVII is great on PC. Runs flawlessly for me and a few friends who all picked it up during a sale on GMG. Don't knock a game just cause you can't run it...
---
"Trust me Clark, our friendship is gonna be the stuff of legend."
FC: 0860-3416-4781 // Lex in Smallvil // ACNL
#8AsilentninjahPosted 8/17/2013 10:38:40 AM
capgamer posted...
It made me register for SquareEnix.com to play the game, the music is screwed up beyond belief... the joystick won't let you remap up-down-left-right, so in-game it's hyper-sensitive and you can't select anything since you move 3-4 slots in the menu every time you tap the joystick... name entry is screwed up and every time you enter a character it assumes you're done and goes straight to the end...

it's just a really, really awful port. We're talking probably the second worst port I've ever played. The first worst was Sonic Adventure, if you're curious.

Sounds like user error.
---
Athlon II X4 635 @ 3.0GHz, Biostar TA790GXB3, A-Data 4GB @ 1333, XFX Radeon 5770, WD 500GB, Seagate 1TB, OCZ 600w, Win 7 x64, Cooler Master Elite RC-310
#9capgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 10:39:10 AM
I'm running the ****ing game. The game runs and I can change the resolution. Those are the features which make this the 2nd worst port I've played and not the first.
---
The man keeps us down
#10SienrurouniPosted 8/17/2013 10:39:17 AM
I've always heard that steam gives you one refund no questions asked. I've had it confirmed a lot of times and heard numerous accounts of it being true, so you should be able to just talk to steam customer support and get a refund unless I've been the victim of a very persistent urban legend.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane