This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help with random lag in both games and on my desktop

#1SpacedDuckPosted 8/17/2013 10:56:34 AM
Sometimes my game will just start getting choppy out of nowhere.

I'm playing on a brand new PC that should have no issues handling these games.

Sometimes when it gets choppy I exit the game or ALT TAB out and my desktop will be choppy also.

Applications take a few seconds to load and mouse movement gets slow too.

I tried googling this issue and came up with people making sure selective graphics were off.

Is doing this a good idea?

When I go into my NVIDIA control panel and go to a game profile it says under power management mode that it's selective. Should I be changing it to prefer max performance?

"I had the same problem as you and I found the solution actually yesterday. I was using the crappy Intel graphics card and didn't know how to switch it until I just started fiddling around on my computer.
So this is what I did:

Right-click on your desktop and click Configure Switchable Graphics.
I don't know if this is like this for everyone, but then when a window pops up theres 2 different buttons, the Power Saving GPU (Intel graphics) or the High performance GPU (for me is ATI Radeon, for you is probably nvidia). Click on the high performance one and it should work.

The thing is I don't think everyone will have the same thing, like I don't know if everyone has Configure switchable graphics on the desktop. So if this doesn't work sorry, just keep searching on the computer."

Specs

VGA GIGABYTE|GV-N780D5-3GD-B GTX780

MEM 2x8G|G.SKILL F3-2400C11D-16GXM

MB GIGABYTE|GA-Z87X-D3H Z87 RT

PSU CORSAIR| HX850 850W R

CPU INTEL|CORE I7-4770K 3.5G 4C 8M

SSD 500G|SAMSUNG MZ-7TD500KW R

Windows 7
---

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!
#2SpacedDuck(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 3:36:00 PM
Bump
---

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!