This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Power Consumption for...

#11NingishzidaPosted 8/17/2013 5:36:24 PM
gastaman posted...
You don't really need to concern yourself with amps, as that, as well, is not a sole indicator of the quality of a PSU.

never said it was, just find it funny when people talk only of watts.

I think amps should always be mentioned, PSUs are the backbone of a system and so the whole story should be told rather than aspects flippantly thrown aside with vague dismissive statements like "Good quality = enough amps" etc.
#12Eli_SamaPosted 8/17/2013 5:38:13 PM(edited)
Seasonic M12 II Bz 520w(was recommended to me by Shub)
---
Asrock 970 DE3/U3S3 \ M12 II Bz 520w / Ballistik 12Gb DDR3 / Ocz 64Gb SSD / HDD 500Gb / XFX HD 7950 3Gb BE Oc / FX 8150 / Hyper Evo 212 / Haf 932 Advanced
#13gastamanPosted 8/17/2013 5:43:45 PM(edited)
Ningishzida posted...
gastaman posted...
You don't really need to concern yourself with amps, as that, as well, is not a sole indicator of the quality of a PSU.

never said it was, just find it funny when people talk only of watts.

I think amps should always be mentioned, PSUs are the backbone of a system and so the whole story should be told rather than aspects flippantly thrown aside with vague dismissive statements like "Good quality = enough amps" etc.

You can talk about amps if you want. No one is stopping you. I just don't find its inclusion rather necessary, tbh. Just list the watts needed and make a recommendation. If there are no recommendations, the person should just find some PSU's within budget that exceed the wattage and check out reviews for them. Or ask for recommendations. Just my opinion.

If you think it's so important, just add your input in regards to amps to the topic, instead of complaining about no one talking about amps.
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200