This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was World of Warcraft like back in the Wrath of the Lich King days?

#11AnatomyHorrorPosted 8/17/2013 12:46:21 PM
Wotlk was the beginning of wow`s downfall.
#12PhilOnDezPosted 8/17/2013 12:57:18 PM
BC was the peak for PvP imo, and then Wrath for PvE. People say Wrath made PvE too easy, and maybe they did go a hair too far on normal mode encounters, but the heroic raids were hard as **** and not just because the game was a glitchy, unpolished mess like vanilla or to a lesser extent BC. I think the normal modes being a bit too easy was a good call though, because what's the point of making all this amazing content if 90% of your playerbase isn't going to see it? That left the heroics for the hardcore players. I'm not sure if 10 man heroic lich king (Way harder than the 25 man) was ever even done on the server I played on.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#13ATARIJAWAPosted 8/17/2013 12:59:42 PM
YoungAdultLink posted...
Same as now, people always posted on the wrong board.

I laughed.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#14TheWarhammeronlPosted 8/17/2013 1:04:38 PM
I played WoW since it was released all the way up until Mists.
On and off of course.

The thing that made it better was the community.
Things were not game wide, everything was kept inside each server.

You knew the guy in full Field Marshal gear who could beat anyone in a duel.
You knew the people on the other team in battle grounds.
You knew the people who were always looking for dungeon groups.
You knew the guy who busted his butt and had legendary weapons.
You knew the people in the top raiding guilds.
You knew the bad apples, the ninjas, the bads, the people who refuse to be good at the game.
You knew the guy who sat in trade chat and just loved to talk to people all day.

Also the game didn't start at 60.
Heck I remember when i first got the game in like 2004, or whenever that was. It took me months to hit level 30 because I probably spent 75% of my time sitting in Gold Shire dueling and socializing with friends.

Things also took a lot more work, but a good kind of work. For example.
A paladin going on the quest to get his epic mount was a BIG deal, and required a lot of planning and coordination.

Now everything is mixed.
You have no idea who anyone is.
You can que up a dungeon and just leave the group with not repercussions.
There just isn't a community like in the old days.
---
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher
#15gsf4lyfePosted 8/17/2013 1:07:55 PM
TheWarhammeronl posted...
On and off of course.

You knew the bad apples, the ninjas, the bads, the people who refuse to be good at the game.
You knew the guy who sat in trade chat and just loved to talk to people all day.

Heck I remember when i first got the game in like 2004, or whenever that was. It took me months to hit level 30 because I probably spent 75% of my time sitting in Gold Shire dueling and socializing with friends.

A paladin going on the quest to get his epic mount was a BIG deal, and required a lot of planning and coordination.

Now everything is mixed.

Honestly though, I would rather be able to do a dungeon when I want than have to sit in Ironforge for 2 hours screaming LFG in general chat.
---
FX-6300 @ 4.3ghz | GTX 760 | 970 extreme3 | 8GB DDR3 1600
SteamID: gsf4lyfe
#16my_name_is_EdPosted 8/17/2013 1:11:34 PM
TheWarhammeronl posted...
On and off of course.

Now everything is mixed.

this so much. Everyone's a loner now. Literally the only people you know of are the 10/25 raid members in your guild and the top players in the E-Sports (if you follow E-Sports)
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
#17blax34dmPosted 8/17/2013 1:14:55 PM
It was night and day. Man I remember checking people in stormwind just to see what build they were rocking and hitting 60 in a job to put that super talent on was amazing. Now it's grind grind grind and grind some more.
#18my_name_is_EdPosted 8/17/2013 1:21:55 PM
blax34dm posted...
It was night and day. Man I remember checking people in stormwind just to see what build they were rocking and hitting 60 in a job to put that super talent on was amazing. Now it's grind grind grind and grind some more.

and now every tree has only one correct build.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
#19Maiken100Posted 8/17/2013 1:23:38 PM
I played in the early days of Lich King. For me it's just the addition of Dungeon/Raid Finder ruined everything, honesty. The need to explore is lost when you can jump into DF. Trade chat used to be very lively and now its just meh.
#20Orestes417Posted 8/17/2013 1:28:23 PM
Anyone saying there was more choice in the builds before than now is either confused, bad, or one of the very few classes that had a viable hybrid spec for any length of time. I mean yeah, you could choose to suck I suppose, but the reality was even back in vanilla there were very clear correct builds with no more than a point or two discretionary.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.