This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What pc game should I get? I have a sexy new powerful PC, znd ive never had one

#11ATARIJAWAPosted 8/17/2013 12:47:36 PM
dioxxys posted...
x_stevey_x posted...
i'd slap your mom and tell her to return it

Okay since you said so ill go back to having this:
http://i.imgur.com/HC6Pf6s.png

What you bought isn't much better. Expect to start seeing that same screen from system requirements lab in about a year.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#12ATARIJAWAPosted 8/17/2013 12:48:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13dioxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 12:56:16 PM
Okay jeez guys we didnt come in here to point out that my computer isnt up to your standards, to me its really good so eff off

The TITLE OF THIS TOPIC asked which games I should play.

I was thinking about some PC exclusives and some other games:

Left4dead2
Team Fortrress 2
Alan Wake
The Witcher
World of Warcraft
Amnesia Dark descent
#14ATARIJAWAPosted 8/17/2013 12:57:46 PM
it will run those games fine. they are not that demanding.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#15PhilOnDezPosted 8/17/2013 1:03:19 PM
WoW will give you problems and I wouldn't recommend it in its current state regardless. Then again, if you're used to choppy frame rates anyway it will probably be fine, I know I played it on worse for years, but don't expect it to hold out in 25 man raids.

Other than that it should run the rest of that fine, if only on low. If you add a GPU to it you'll be able to play at whatever settings that GPU would allow for for most games, but don't listen to anyone telling you to get a 6670 to run in crossfire/dual graphics. Dual graphics is a mess that actually reduces performance in most games while remaining the same but with intense stuttering in others. Just get the best card you can afford, even if it's only a 6670, and just use it on its own.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#16gsf4lyfePosted 8/17/2013 1:03:43 PM
dioxxys posted...
Okay jeez guys we didnt come in here to point out that my computer isnt up to your standards, to me its really good so eff off

The TITLE OF THIS TOPIC asked which games I should play.

I was thinking about some PC exclusives and some other games:

Left4dead2
Team Fortrress 2
Alan Wake
The Witcher
World of Warcraft
Amnesia Dark descent

Well you did call it sexy, new and powerful. It's one of those things, I suppose.
---
FX-6300 @ 4.3ghz | GTX 760 | 970 extreme3 | 8GB DDR3 1600
SteamID: gsf4lyfe
#17JKatarnPosted 8/17/2013 1:09:26 PM
ATARIJAWA posted...
dioxxys posted...
x_stevey_x posted...

What you bought isn't much better. Expect to start seeing that same screen from system requirements lab in about a year.

Reading comprehension isn't your forte, is it? TC clearly stated it was a gift, he did not have a choice of models/specs.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#18overkillwfo1978Posted 8/17/2013 1:11:55 PM(edited)
Welcome to the internet. I'm Overkill, and I'll be your tour guide... One of the many things you will learn on these internets is that wording is everything. When you create a topic saying you have a "sexy, new, powerful PC"... and 90% of people on that same board have a PC that is at least 10X better, you are probably going to get negative flak about your PC being weak.

If you would have created a topic that said "I just got a decent, new, FREE PC, what can it run guyz???" You would have gotten a MUCH different response.

*sweeping star* The Moar You Know
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#19ATARIJAWAPosted 8/17/2013 1:16:24 PM
JKatarn posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...
dioxxys posted...
x_stevey_x posted...

Reading comprehension isn't your forte, is it? TC clearly stated it was a gift, he did not have a choice of models/specs.

I immediately edited bought to received as a gift but for some reason it wouldn't accept my edit. Happens sometimes with Gamefox.
---
#20JKatarnPosted 8/17/2013 1:26:22 PM
overkillwfo1978 posted...
Welcome to the internet. I'm Overkill, and I'll be your tour guide... One of the many things you will learn on these internets is that wording is everything. When you create a topic saying you have a "sexy, new, powerful PC"... and 90% of people on that same board have a PC that is at least 10X better, you are probably going to get negative flak about your PC being weak.

If you would have created a topic that said "I just got a decent, new, FREE PC, what can it run guyz???" You would have gotten a MUCH different response.

*sweeping star* The Moar You Know

Or this board could just ignore it and resist the urge to flaunt their e-peens at every opportunity. There is such a thing as tact, if you're familiar (which I doubt). Also, the use of a juvenile meme "moar" doesn't help your case.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES