This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What pc game should I get? I have a sexy new powerful PC, znd ive never had one

#21ATARIJAWAPosted 8/17/2013 1:35:05 PM
JKatarn posted...
overkillwfo1978 posted...
Welcome to the internet. I'm Overkill, and I'll be your tour guide... One of the many things you will learn on these internets is that wording is everything. When you create a topic saying you have a "sexy, new, powerful PC"... and 90% of people on that same board have a PC that is at least 10X better, you are probably going to get negative flak about your PC being weak.

If you would have created a topic that said "I just got a decent, new, FREE PC, what can it run guyz???" You would have gotten a MUCH different response.

*sweeping star* The Moar You Know

Or this board could just ignore it and resist the urge to flaunt their e-peens at every opportunity. There is such a thing as tact, if you're familiar (which I doubt). Also, the use of a juvenile meme "moar" doesn't help your case.

Yeah I know what you mean. I can't stand people who put their e-peen builds in their sig. Oh wait.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#22overkillwfo1978Posted 8/17/2013 1:35:24 PM
JKatarn posted...
Welcome to the internet. I'm Overkill, and I'll be your tour guide... One of the many things you will learn on these internets is that wording is everything. When you create a topic saying you have a "sexy, new, powerful PC"... and 90% of people on that same board have a PC that is at least 10X better, you are probably going to get negative flak about your PC being weak.

If you would have created a topic that said "I just got a decent, new, FREE PC, what can it run guyz???" You would have gotten a MUCH different response.

Or this board could just ignore it and resist the urge to flaunt their e-peens at every opportunity. There is such a thing as tact, if you're familiar (which I doubt). Also, the use of a juvenile meme "moar" doesn't help your case.

lol. Yes. The internet community will change to meet your requirements. Not the other way around... It's totally going to happen. Keep holding your breath.
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#23Mogu_MoguPosted 8/17/2013 1:42:45 PM
Star Control 2
http://sc2.sourceforge.net/downloads.php
---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.
#24daemon_danPosted 8/17/2013 1:51:12 PM
JKatarn posted...

Says the guy e-peening with a ridiculously boring middle of the road build. Good for you, champ.
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#25MyGroovPosted 8/17/2013 2:02:37 PM
A very good free game that could test out your graphical capabilities:
Warframe

Available as a f2p from their website, or through Steam as well.
Even the main menu is graphic intensive haha.

If you try playing your games at say, 1600x900, it could make the difference in playability too.

As soon as you get the ability to upgrade your PC, first go for a power supply, then for a graphics card.
Should cost no more than $300 to turn it into a decent beast.
As little as $200 maybe.
---
GT: MyGroov
Official Frozen TWSSted of Alaska
#26JKatarnPosted 8/17/2013 2:05:33 PM
daemon_dan posted...
JKatarn posted...

Says the guy e-peening with a ridiculously boring middle of the road build. Good for you, champ.

I put my build in my sig (along with other consoles I own) to show what game consoles I own/the fact that I play games on a variety of platforms and possibly provide information should I post/reply to a technical issue regarding a game. I couldn't care less how "Ub3r l33t" you or anyone else on this board believes their rig is - I actually have a life/interests outside of these boards.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#27JockoPosted 8/17/2013 6:32:24 PM
I'm I the only one that thought this was a troll topic right off the bat?
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#28TimePharaohPosted 8/17/2013 6:37:09 PM
Jocko posted...
I'm I the only one that thought this was a troll topic right off the bat?

I assumed it was.

-Canyourunit
-Can run any game, oh but I have a weak card
-Posts weak card

But if you're serious, yes, I suppose it could run every game. Although the vast majority of computers can run "any game".....while playing it is an entirely different matter.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#29VordraxPosted 8/17/2013 6:42:30 PM
dioxxys posted...
Oxn518 posted...
Not sexy or powerful.

You had me? You never had me. You never had your car.

huh?

http://i.imgur.com/sqiVB.jpg
---
Miroku2235: Every time someone says the Mesmer reminds them of Naruto I die a little inside.
Groadergreen: I'm legally deceased because of things like this.
#30Snuckie7Posted 8/17/2013 6:50:59 PM(edited)
TC, here are some great games you could look into:

Half Life 1
Counter Strike 1.6
Unreal Tournament
Civ I
Age of Empires I
Starcraft 1
The Elder Scrolls: Arena

Halo CE maybe. . .but that might be stretching it.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W