This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you guys looking forward to Thi4f?

#21jubjub_Posted 8/18/2013 9:39:21 PM
I don't know why everyone is getting so precious about this, if you had read into the game at all you would know there is two different modes to the game. The easily accessable (easy/arcade I guess) mode and the (for lack of a better term) hardcore mode which removes all the crutches you are all whinging about.

Personally I'm looking forward to it and hoping its succesful so we can start seeing some quality stealth games back on the market.

Surely you guys have something better to do with your time then sit behind your computer and whinge about a game you really know very little about. It's almost as bad as the anti BF3 people who won't play one of the best shooters this generation 'because ea'.
#22ZeraphLordSPosted 8/18/2013 9:53:56 PM
thiaf

full of tafers and burkes
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#23Loshadt(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 10:11:52 PM(edited)
jubjub_ posted...
Surely you guys have something better to do with your time then sit behind your computer and whinge about a game you really know very little about. It's almost as bad as the anti BF3 people who won't play one of the best shooters this generation 'because ea'.

I doubt the game will be properly balanced for "hardcore". That would be like turning off quest markers in Skyrim, the game was built around those quest markers and as such doesn't give you the information needed to successfully play without them. This is of course ignoring the point that even without those hand-holding elements it still entirely misses the point of a Thief game.

And BF3 is certainly not one of the best shooters this generation. Not by a long shot.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#24TimePharaohPosted 8/18/2013 10:16:46 PM(edited)
jubjub_ posted...
I don't know why everyone is getting so precious about this, if you had read into the game at all you would know there is two different modes to the game. The easily accessable (easy/arcade I guess) mode and the (for lack of a better term) hardcore mode which removes all the crutches you are all whinging about.

Personally I'm looking forward to it and hoping its succesful so we can start seeing some quality stealth games back on the market.

If it's stupid to "whinge" about a game you really know very little about, then it's equally as stupid to be excited/say good things about it. See how it works both ways derp? If people DIDN'T complain than every single game would simply be a COD reskin. But that would be awesome m i rite, let's just bend over and keep shoveling whatever garbage we're blessed enough for them to hand to us.

And the fact that "normal mode" exists says a LOT about your "quality stealth games". Have funny enjoying garbage like Absolution and the new Splinter Cell.

We all know the reason it's getting dumbed down. Peasants. Which is the worst Thief game currently? The peasant casual one. Which one is getting worse? Hmmm....
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#25Mr_BankercatPosted 8/18/2013 10:23:01 PM
Loshadt posted...
jake-sf posted...
For starters, the latest thing I heard -> jumping is context sensitive. They thought important for immersion to not let you jump whenever you want or other such non-sense excuse.

Contextual jumping
Contextual rope arrows
Contextual leaning
Burning building escape sequence
Removal of any and all interesting elements of the original series's world
Focus mode and excessive player hand-holding
Needlessly flashy contextual third-person kills
Devs have obviously never played a Thief game yet claim they're respecting the franchise

Contextual jumping sounds lame, yeah, but I see how it could work. You're still going to be able to vault and scale things.

Contextual rope arrows. There will be areas for them to give different paths. I don't see the issue.

Contextual leaning? Like what, you have to be pressed against a wall to do so? I don't see the problem here either.

This point is stupid.

How do you know that? You haven't played the game.

Turn it off, then. I know I will be.

Get over it?

None of these are real issues. It seems like they're making a great stealth game.
#26NingishzidaPosted 8/18/2013 11:34:18 PM
Thief 2: Metal Age is the best pure stealth game ever made (Deus Ex isn't pure stealth).

Like many elite franchises, Thief got dumbed down for peasants. Smart money's on Thi4f dumbing it down even more.
#27MackorovPosted 8/18/2013 11:44:19 PM
The Focus mode thing they have put in the game is what makes the game "dumbed down". Just press one button and tada everything you need to do is revealed to you. They did the same thing with Hitman Absolution with Instinct mode and it just ruined the fun.

Obviously this was made to cater to the clueless average casual gamer
#28SlaynPosted 8/19/2013 12:32:51 AM
x_stevey_x posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
x_stevey_x posted...
Loshadt posted...
x_stevey_x posted...
i liked DmC a lot

No you didn't. Nobody did.

It was bad even if you never heard of Devil May Cry before. It didn't do a single thing right.

i thought it was the 2nd best of the series

lolwut

What's the first one, 4? lold

1>dmc>4>3>2

then again i played the pc version of 3 so i have a little bias due to technical reasons

I loved the first Devil May Cry, first day buy. I hated the 2nd so bad, I never finished it and haven't played another since. I did get 3 and 4 on Steam sale, wonder if I should go back for the 2nd?
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#29thebladeofwoePosted 8/19/2013 1:14:05 AM
jubjub_ posted...

that "hardcore" mode you refer to reminds me of the new splinter cell blacklist. it has loads of casual options (lacking a better word) or "perfectionist mode" where the get rid of the casual options. seems it will be an awesome game XD
---
A10 ('@2.3) HD 7600G & HD 7670M 8gb ram W8.
#30ZeraphLordSPosted 8/19/2013 2:09:06 AM
Slayn posted...
I loved the first Devil May Cry, first day buy. I hated the 2nd so bad, I never finished it and haven't played another since. I did get 3 and 4 on Steam sale, wonder if I should go back for the 2nd?

2 is widely regarded as a departure and failure. 3's port is a complete mess on the PC, with sub-60 stuttery fps unless you delete the music folder. 4's multiplatform MT Framework engine was a perfect PC rendition.

Even the metacritic ratings show a massive dip. 94 -> 68 -> 87 -> 84

As for the games themselves, DMC3 is pretty great all over, but DMC4 suffers from re-used content, and lacks the inspiration that makes DMC3 what it is (the gameplay potential and mechanics exceed DMC3 despite this, and it is most definitely worth playing if you like the series).

Try 2 if you want to, but you're not missing anything, nor do the sequels follow in it's footsteps.
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs