This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you guys looking forward to Thi4f?

#41Hi CPosted 8/19/2013 6:55:48 AM(edited)
Slayn posted...
Hi C posted...
Mr_Bankercat posted...
Do the people posting in this topic realize that they're the reason the whole "PC elitist" stereotype exist?

And that's a bad thing? Heaven forbid someone who has been PC Gaming since the 80's gets pissed off that Pc Gaming has essentially become console gaming with a Mouse and Keyboard.

/trollalt

At this point, more games work better with a controller than kb/m because of terrible porting. Dark Souls? All the Deadspace games? Alan Wake?

I'm not even talking about "working better" I'm talking about being designed from the beginning around PC mechanics.

Dark Souls was close to being a PC style game on console. The port and controls were just kind of meh when it came to PC.

Alan Wake was designed like a console game 100% after Microsoft got a hold on it.
---
You'll be my John G.
#42Fimble_the_magePosted 8/19/2013 11:59:03 AM
Mr_Bankercat posted...
Do the people posting in this topic realize that they're the reason the whole "PC elitist" stereotype exist?

I've yet to see a legitimate reason as to why this game will be bad.

Since the early 90s until around 2004 PC gaming was a lot different than console gaming. PC gamers have different sensibilities and value different aspects of games than console gamers.

Thief was designed as a PC game. It was only released on PC. I hate to use this term, but it has always been that more hardcore gamers played PC while casual gamers played on consoles. That's why PC games generally involved deeper mechanics and more innovative ideas.

The homogenization of PC and console gaming has basically ruined PC gaming, and Thief is its latest victim.
---
Omegle is the worst site ever
#43TimePharaohPosted 8/19/2013 12:01:11 PM
Mr_Bankercat posted...

And you're the reason for the whole "ignorant peasant" thing.

There's an entire list of legitimate reasons up there, but I can sum it up for you: every single mechanic is dumbed down. What are you, a developer? We get it, you like bad games. You probably didn't even know what Thief was before this....
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#44NingishzidaPosted 8/19/2013 1:20:35 PM
Mr_Bankercat posted...

i wear that name like a badge of honor, being called elitist of any kind these days is a compliment.

lrn2read teh topix
#45TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 8/19/2013 1:41:47 PM
I'll probably buy it on sale. I like Eidos and Square Enix is usually very good about game prices. I don't expect it to be like the originals, which is unfortunate, but as long as it's still fun I'll be happy (and from what I've seen, it looks like it will probably be fun). Gaming is changing and there's not much we wan do about it (unless we rely on mods of old games and indie companies to make low-budget spiritual successors to get our gaming fix). Some people just take gaming too seriously (aside from people who game for money).
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#46biohazard1775Posted 8/19/2013 2:19:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8pImL1FeaE
---
http://i.imgur.com/nrx65Pw.jpg
We should take away their metal boxes!
#47Orestes417Posted 8/19/2013 2:27:16 PM
I'm looking forward to the delightful river of deluded, entitled, elitist ***** tears regardless of how good the game ends up. If it's an enjoyable ride, hell that's a bonus.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#48Mr_BankercatPosted 8/19/2013 4:30:42 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Mr_Bankercat posted...

There's an entire list of legitimate reasons up there, but I can sum it up for you: every single mechanic is dumbed down. What are you, a developer? We get it, you like bad games. You probably didn't even know what Thief was before this....

You know I built a PC, right?

Anyway, nice to see you're still trolling the forums.

All I've seen is "THEY TOOK OUR HARDCORE COMPLEXITIES".

Which really means "they added super vision" (which can be turned off).

Honestly, do you really believe that they're going to intentionally make the games AI worse than a game from what, 2000?

And yes, I've played all the Thief games. PC gamers are far too negative and cynical about gaming.
#49LorthremarPosted 8/19/2013 4:37:36 PM
Mr_Bankercat posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Mr_Bankercat posted...

You know I built a PC, right?

Anyway, nice to see you're still trolling the forums.

All I've seen is "THEY TOOK OUR HARDCORE COMPLEXITIES".

Which really means "they added super vision" (which can be turned off).

Honestly, do you really believe that they're going to intentionally make the games AI worse than a game from what, 2000?

And yes, I've played all the Thief games. PC gamers are far too negative and cynical about gaming.

Pharaoh is just an ass-hat who doesn't know what he's talking about and isn't quite there in the head, so ignore him.

On-topic, I loved the first Thief, so I feel obligated to try this one.