This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone know the games that use the console command cheat?

#1Louis275Posted 8/17/2013 1:43:40 PM
I looked online and I know a few games that do like Skyrim and Fallout but are there anymore?
#2ggf162Posted 8/17/2013 2:02:34 PM
Not any recent games, no.
---
My name is Ivan I like you
#3daemon_danPosted 8/17/2013 2:11:08 PM
Pretty much any Source engine game (won't work with online ones cause the console commands only work for the host of the server, but the single player modes on l4d2 etc they should work fine.)
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#4Louis275(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 2:16:45 PM
yeah i meant for single player only. I know that there are probably not any recent games I was just trying to find out what games had it. Sorry but what is source engine games?
#5ninto55Posted 8/17/2013 2:17:00 PM
daemon_dan posted...
Pretty much any Source engine game (won't work with online ones cause the console commands only work for the host of the server, but the single player modes on l4d2 etc they should work fine.)

Valve's goldsource games work with it too. So that's pretty much all of them. I think I remember the Doom and Quake games having a console. I remember The Sims 2 did as well, but that was the only Sims game I ever played, though I'd bet the other Simulation games of the time had them too.
---
Every Pony is best Pony, Fluttershy is just my favorite.
Do it and do it right!
#6ninto55Posted 8/17/2013 2:18:20 PM
Louis275 posted...
yeah i meant for single player only. I know that there are probably not any recent games I was just trying to find out what games had it. Sorry but what is source engine games?

Source is the engine Valve uses. Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2, Portal, Left 4 Dead.
The GoldSource I mentioned was the engine they used before Source, based off of the Quake engine. Half-Life, Counter-Strike 1.6, Team Fortress Classic.
---
Every Pony is best Pony, Fluttershy is just my favorite.
Do it and do it right!
#7CacciatoPosted 8/17/2013 2:21:56 PM
Rome: Total War/Medieval II: Total War