This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody know of some good games that let you mix & match class skills?

#11_LegendaryPunk_Posted 8/18/2013 6:49:52 PM
Do you have access to a handheld, or tablet? Check out the Final Fantasy: Tactics series.
---
"But though you may find this slightly macabre,
We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job."
#12analogmanPosted 8/18/2013 6:58:28 PM
Check out Titan Quest.
---
check my quote :DD
#13NingishzidaPosted 8/18/2013 7:03:16 PM
Chaos_Missile posted...
I can think of a few games that do this, but the problem is they're not officially or legally on the PC.....

/facepalm

Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning

lol

that is a baby's first RPG, if you even wanna call it that. Even DA:O specialization dip-ins are more advanced.
#14AceallwaysPosted 8/18/2013 7:09:52 PM
Raiderz.
#15Chaos_MissilePosted 8/18/2013 9:50:10 PM
Ningishzida posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
I can think of a few games that do this, but the problem is they're not officially or legally on the PC.....

/facepalm

Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning

lol

that is a baby's first RPG, if you even wanna call it that. Even DA:O specialization dip-ins are more advanced.

Considering my other choices were mostly the earlier FF games, in particular the Tactic Advance games(as I've never played the Tactics games), Valkyria Chronicles, the Persona games by virtue of being able to have a Persona that can be a general if not powerful Persona, probably the Disgaea games and Wild Arms XF from what I understand, and Etrian Odyssey 3, 4 and Milleinium Girl(due to their ability to subclass)

In addition, TC wants to be able to be a general class, but is not gimped by being dual/triple classed. In most "popular FAQs" for a varied amount of RPGs, have you EVER seen a Class FAQ that suggest going into multiple-trees as opposed to one single tree?

At the very least, I know none of Blizzard's RPGs do this.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#16Doomsday FortePosted 8/18/2013 10:09:51 PM
The second Dungeon Siege game allows this. If you can get the expansion, there are even two classes whose skills open up if you develop two other classes first. You can have up to six people in a party (albeit you're limited to four on the first difficulty, five on the second, and six on the third), and you have four base classes around weapons (melee, ranged, nature magic, combat magic) and each of those has a skill tree, and then the two expansion classes have their own trees...The Hotfix Mod and Arrana Legacy mod also add a few spells that give you a reason to invest in, say, ranged+nature or combat+melee, even if they don't have their own class in the game.
---
Crimson night & Celsion moon, misfiction, not save the Player is Prayer, yes, Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia.
#17NingishzidaPosted 8/18/2013 11:10:07 PM
Chaos_Missile posted...
Considering my other choices were mostly the earlier FF games, in particular the Tactic Advance games(as I've never played the Tactics games), Valkyria Chronicles, the Persona games by virtue of being able to have a Persona that can be a general if not powerful Persona, probably the Disgaea games and Wild Arms XF from what I understand, and Etrian Odyssey 3, 4 and Milleinium Girl(due to their ability to subclass)

you have ceased to make sense, what are you trying to say?

In addition, TC wants to be able to be a general class, but is not gimped by being dual/triple classed. In most "popular FAQs" for a varied amount of RPGs, have you EVER seen a Class FAQ that suggest going into multiple-trees as opposed to one single tree?

Nearly every elite tier PC RPG? People have written FAQs based on my posts over the years, so I should know.

At the very least, I know none of Blizzard's RPGs do this.

Those are mere hack n slash ARPGs, that's like saying Zelda doesn't have multi-class, it is no reflection on elite tactical jRPGs.
#18klaxenderPosted 8/19/2013 12:01:56 AM
FFXIV if you're into MMO's. It's in open beta right now if you want to try it out.
---
PSN/Steam ID: klaxender
#19x_stevey_xPosted 8/19/2013 12:16:32 AM(edited)
hey look another topic where ningishzida is telling everyone how their opinion is wrong and how temple of elemental evil, a game that wasn't even that well received 10 years ago, yet alone today, is the best game ever and only he would know this because he is the sole rpg guru of the universe.

or perhaps he's just embarrassed that he initally didn't understand the tc's easy to read question due to lack of reading comprehension skills and eagerness to once again post his copy paste l33t rpg list. how is kotor like ffv again? i guess they're both..games.
#20NingishzidaPosted 8/19/2013 1:35:50 AM
x_stevey_x posted...
hey look another topic where ningishzida is telling everyone how their opinion is wrong and how temple of elemental evil, a game that wasn't even that well received 10 years ago, yet alone today, is the best game ever and only he would know this because he is the sole rpg guru of the universe.

or perhaps he's just embarrassed that he initally didn't understand the tc's easy to read question due to lack of reading comprehension skills and eagerness to once again post his copy paste l33t rpg list. how is kotor like ffv again? i guess they're both..games.

i never said ToEE was GOAT, what's with the soul-choking bitterness? i said ToEE is one of the best turn-based tactical RPGs, and it is, regardless of bandwagon opinions from "critics" and the public which you seem to have just adopted and parrot around without even playing it for 5mins.

also, this is the PC board. so i listed PC RPGs that match criteria of "multi-classing" which is the same or similar in concept (though far more advanced than jRPGs), hehe!