This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

has anyone ever dealt with the fbi ransomware

#31ATARIJAWAPosted 8/17/2013 10:53:46 PM
If you have a laptop and a built in camera it actually takes a picture of you with your own camera and puts it on the display page. It's a pretty well made virus. I'm not surprised naive people fall for it.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#32Kokuei05Posted 8/17/2013 10:55:38 PM
Kokuei05 posted...
My sister got something like that on her Netbook somehow. It infected her explorer.exe and thankfully she kept the netbook with stock backup partition. Booted that partition and replaced it. Then used Avira and Combofix to wipe everything else that was infected.

Your sister eh? Sounds like my kind of chick.... introduce us?

She's a b****.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUAZnjFbOyI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbxOaq6_i1Y
#33TimePharaohPosted 8/17/2013 11:02:56 PM
Kokuei05 posted...
Kokuei05 posted...
My sister got something like that on her Netbook somehow. It infected her explorer.exe and thankfully she kept the netbook with stock backup partition. Booted that partition and replaced it. Then used Avira and Combofix to wipe everything else that was infected.

She's a b****.

That sounds even more like his kind of chick
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#34simpfan2k6Posted 8/17/2013 11:10:32 PM
See this virus in my job all the time. Alot of old people are stupid and pay the "fine". Theres tons of variations of it as well. Ive run into at least 1 that wouldnt be removed no matter what (including eset booting and malwarebytes). Most people save the hassle and recover their pc to factory. It's tricky but can be removed :).
---
Phenom II 960T at 3.5ghz, HD6790, 8gig Ripjaws, Antec Neo Eco 620c, Source 210.
#35ATARIJAWAPosted 8/17/2013 11:13:15 PM
I'm just curious but the people who actually do pay the "fine" don't get their computer unlocked right?
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#36SpaceMarineZackPosted 8/17/2013 11:13:40 PM
Kokuei05 posted...
Kokuei05 posted...

She's a b****.

hey show some respect to my future ex wife
#37BadProfessionalPosted 8/18/2013 3:08:16 AM
ATARIJAWA posted...
I'm just curious but the people who actually do pay the "fine" don't get their computer unlocked right?

Depends on the virus. The smart ones will unlock afterwards with a timer so that it locks down again in a few weeks asking for more money. Others claim that any code entered into it is incorrect and the person needs to get a different card. A really bad one would do both of the above, and could potentially get a lot of money from some people.
---
Sarcasm passes for serious here.
Serious passes for sarcasm here.
#38akuma634Posted 8/18/2013 4:06:29 AM
It's depressing that this kind of s*** exists. There really are people with nothing better to do then try to f*** complete strangers over via the internet. That sounds like a good point to kill yourself because this is what your life has become.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#39HydroCannabinolPosted 8/18/2013 5:53:20 AM
akuma634 posted...
It's depressing that this kind of s*** exists. There really are people with nothing better to do then try to f*** complete strangers over via the internet. That sounds like a good point to kill yourself because this is what your life has become.

Ez money baby
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#40mrCubePosted 8/18/2013 2:46:46 PM
BadProfessional posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...

Depends on the virus. The smart ones will unlock afterwards with a timer so that it locks down again in a few weeks asking for more money. Others claim that any code entered into it is incorrect and the person needs to get a different card. A really bad one would do both of the above, and could potentially get a lot of money from some people.

How would it do both? Say the card is invalid and still unlock for a few weeks? That doesn't make sense.
---
---