This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a sick, full of action. Immersive, pretty, under rated game

#61DARQ MX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 5:53:59 AM
daemon_dan posted...
DARQ MX posted...
HydroCannabinol posted...
DARQ MX posted...
taco_ninja393 posted...
Demon/Dark Souls

I'm good. lol

Getting a rusty dull knife and getting to fight a boss within the first 1min of the game was more than enough cheapness for me to deal with. That game works off exploitation to beat bosses, which I don't find what makes a game hard and difficult. It makes it annoying, stupid and cheap. The fact that you can't really beat bosses in the game by normal means is just silly.

Wow you're garbage.

Not really. Playing and wasting my time on a garbage cheap game. Doesn't make me garbage.

The fact you were too dumb to look on the left wall and find the open doorway that leads to a decent weapon makes you garbage, mate.

oh no, I did. How does that have to do with one's intelligence?
---
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS
#62DARQ MX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 5:58:03 AM
Big_Boss1432 posted...
Onimusha 1-3

i LOVE the onimushas even dawn of dreams, but is it on pc?
---
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS
#63Darkcloud20Posted 8/18/2013 6:10:50 AM
claytonbuckley posted...
This is the PC board right. So you people are reccomending the PC port of Dark Souls, contender for the worst port in recent years.

TC, if you want something like Witcher 2, go play Witcher 1

The only reason it is a bad port is because it is not better than the console version. So there is no reason not to recomend it.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#64PaperDiddyKongPosted 8/18/2013 6:13:35 AM(edited)
Lol at the Dark Soul Fanboys. THe minute your overrated piece of garbage gets bashed (no mater what forum or website), you guys fly in numbers to defend it.
#65shawn10000000Posted 8/18/2013 6:21:45 AM
PaperDiddyKong posted...
Lol at the Dark Soul Fanboys. THe minute your overrated piece of garbage gets bashed (no mater what forum or website), you guys fly in numbers to defend it.

Reminds me of bronies :p
#66RogueVIIIPosted 8/18/2013 6:25:52 AM
DARQ MX posted...
examples like witcher 2 for example. Not an extremely well know game, pretty under rated but a very good game, just a tough crowd pleaser because it was difficult to know what to do next once getting a few hours into, there for it never got highly recommended cause they didn't "hold your hand"

Witcher 2 was pretty big, it just tanked in sales because 4.5 million people pirated it. I think it made profit once the console versions released though.

For underrated games that are really good though:

Mark of the Ninja

War of the Roses
#67SienrurouniPosted 8/18/2013 6:36:02 AM
KURRUPTOR posted...
Darksiders 2 is kinda under-rated... or just kinda not well known enough for how good it is. Darksiders 1 is as well but the combat is a bit more clunky so I can see why people might not like that one as much.

Darksiders is one of the most over-rated series of this gen. I fail to see how you could even begin to call it under-rated.

nintend0Fan46 posted...
I thought of Bulletstorm when reading the title.

This, and the Souls series suggestions are both good. I always recommend Mount and Blade: Warband.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#68The_HarlotPosted 8/18/2013 6:37:03 AM
Ive cleared the legend of zelda 2, steel battalion, most of the ninja gaidens, and contra to name a few. My problem with dark souls and etc is the level cap is too high and high level items don't improve enough. Never even beat it because I'm not willing to exploit path finding errors. Id recommend Nier and Drakengard personally just for the fun.
#69SienrurouniPosted 8/18/2013 6:52:59 AM(edited)
Slayn posted...
apolloooo posted...
Alpha Protocol

awesome story / character

That's next on my list, right after Alan Wake. Doing alphabetical run. Is it really that good?

It is without a doubt one of the best games I have ever played. With it's flaws, it's still better than the entire Mass Effect series put together, and handles choices a billion times better than ME, and in some ways even better than The Witcher.

rpgguy999 posted...
Resonance of Fate.

I love you. Another one of my favorite games and I don't think I've ever heard anyone else recommend it.

GigerSupreme posted...
the twin Zenoclash games are interesting and pretty immersive.

first person beatem up with stone-punk style visuals.

A lot more rough around the edges than the other two, but another incredibly amazing recommendation.

The_Harlot posted...
Ive cleared the legend of zelda 2, steel battalion, most of the ninja gaidens, and contra to name a few. My problem with dark souls and etc is the level cap is too high and high level items don't improve enough. Never even beat it because I'm not willing to exploit path finding errors. Id recommend Nier and Drakengard personally just for the fun.

As much as I love Drakengard I'd recommend Nier more strongly if you're only playing one at the moment, but the joke ending of Drakengard does have a connection to Nier. Both are fantastic and very unique games.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#70arleasPosted 8/18/2013 6:54:15 AM
TC asks for games like Dark Souls

Except he didn't. The only game he mentioned by name was "Witcher 2". If he HAD mentioned Dark Souls by name, then it would be stupid to recommend it because he obviously knows about it.

I'm not saying he's right to totally dismiss Dark Souls after the first boss fight, but the first boss fight is plenty for him to see that the game is not for him, and I lose nothing personally by that decision.

Why does it matter that someone else likes the same game you do anyway? I mean, if they do, cool... you've got another person to discuss the game with, but if they don't? What does it matter? Do you have a quota of "converts" to make or you're going to lose out on your "gamer of the month" award down at the Dark Souls Office?

Pretty much every game that fits the bill will make you rage TC. You can't handle a difficulty curve. Go back to playing Farmville.

Freaking casuals.

So edgy! I bet all the girls in 7th grade are swooning right now.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/r5PgL.gif