This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In my mind I still want to play games but in my heart I'm getting sick&tired

#1BigB0ss13Posted 8/18/2013 3:38:35 AM
of gaming. It's been like this for a while now. Before I could literally spend 10+ hours gaming on work days and when I'm off I usually played for 18+ hours. It hasn't been like that since I played Mass Effect 3. Not even Skyrim, Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3, and Civilization 5 can save my gaming passion I once had. I beat Sleeping Dogs and FC3 but I would only spend like 1-3 hours everyday on those games and it felt like a chore to do instead of having fun doing it. Skyrim and Civ 5 got disgusting and boring really fast.

So I created this topic to get some recommendations on some super fun games that I'd spend 10-18+ hours a day playing again.
#2o0stoneduk0oPosted 8/18/2013 3:40:41 AM
It happened to me, the best thing to do is quit for a while and go do something completely different. I quit and got into a relationship, when that ended I came back and had so many games to play and I appreciated having all that drama free time to myself. So yh, moral of the story is get into a terrible relationship to make yourself enjoy gaming again.
---
I don't smoke dope, I don't drink bourbon, all I want to do is shake my turban.
#3someguyshandPosted 8/18/2013 3:43:13 AM
Try out some older games or indie games.
---
(Insert Name) killed Some Guy
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55859/122kyz9.gif
#4OllyKiriyamaPosted 8/18/2013 3:44:16 AM
How did you manage to play video games for 18 hours in 1 day? and 10 hours on work days?!
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/OllyKiriyama/
#5Lemur_HPosted 8/18/2013 3:44:19 AM
You need a new hobby for the next few weeks or months and then you can come back to gaming and it won't be as dreadful.
#6SpazH3dPosted 8/18/2013 3:49:09 AM
Yup, you definitely need a break.

All I can recommend is the older games from gog.com.

Oh and gaming is a thing you do for fun, it doesn't have to take up 80% of your day.
---
- My vision is augmented
#7BigB0ss13(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 3:53:13 AM
OllyKiriyama posted...
How did you manage to play video games for 18 hours in 1 day? and 10 hours on work days?!

When you got no friends or girlfriend that's what happens
#8Maiken100Posted 8/18/2013 4:47:43 AM
Go competitive.
Pick up a 2D fighting game (ssf4, blazblue, mk9) and you'll actually have a real challenge. You also get more skilled as you play and you feel like you achieved something at the end of it.
#9snesmaster40Posted 8/18/2013 4:54:00 AM
I know this feel and it can be quite annoying. The best thing you can do is join a Steam group and play some multiplayer games with those people. It'll feel refreshing as you now have a new reason to play.
---
Are we not men?
#10SlaynPosted 8/18/2013 4:56:46 AM
I'm in the same boat. I said I was going to work on my game back log, and basically... I haven't even passed my first game so far. I got to the end of Alan Wake, jumped around, went back, still didn't pass... and it's been around a month. I just rather come home, play a game of League, and hit Netflix. Gaming sounds like a good idea, but I just can't get back in to it.

I also find myself far less excited about games coming out. I have so many on my Steam account that I never play. The only game I am excited about is Wasteland 2.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116