This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In my mind I still want to play games but in my heart I'm getting sick&tired

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. In my mind I still want to play games but in my heart I'm getting sick&tired

User Info: BigB0ss13

BigB0ss13
3 years ago#1
of gaming. It's been like this for a while now. Before I could literally spend 10+ hours gaming on work days and when I'm off I usually played for 18+ hours. It hasn't been like that since I played Mass Effect 3. Not even Skyrim, Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3, and Civilization 5 can save my gaming passion I once had. I beat Sleeping Dogs and FC3 but I would only spend like 1-3 hours everyday on those games and it felt like a chore to do instead of having fun doing it. Skyrim and Civ 5 got disgusting and boring really fast.

So I created this topic to get some recommendations on some super fun games that I'd spend 10-18+ hours a day playing again.

User Info: o0stoneduk0o

o0stoneduk0o
3 years ago#2
It happened to me, the best thing to do is quit for a while and go do something completely different. I quit and got into a relationship, when that ended I came back and had so many games to play and I appreciated having all that drama free time to myself. So yh, moral of the story is get into a terrible relationship to make yourself enjoy gaming again.
I don't smoke dope, I don't drink bourbon, all I want to do is shake my turban.

User Info: someguyshand

someguyshand
3 years ago#3
Try out some older games or indie games.
(Insert Name) killed Some Guy
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55859/122kyz9.gif

User Info: OllyKiriyama

OllyKiriyama
3 years ago#4
How did you manage to play video games for 18 hours in 1 day? and 10 hours on work days?!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/OllyKiriyama/

User Info: Lemur_H

Lemur_H
3 years ago#5
You need a new hobby for the next few weeks or months and then you can come back to gaming and it won't be as dreadful.

User Info: SpazH3d

SpazH3d
3 years ago#6
Yup, you definitely need a break.

All I can recommend is the older games from gog.com.

Oh and gaming is a thing you do for fun, it doesn't have to take up 80% of your day.
- My vision is augmented

User Info: BigB0ss13

BigB0ss13
3 years ago#7
OllyKiriyama posted...
How did you manage to play video games for 18 hours in 1 day? and 10 hours on work days?!

When you got no friends or girlfriend that's what happens

User Info: Maiken100

Maiken100
3 years ago#8
Go competitive.
Pick up a 2D fighting game (ssf4, blazblue, mk9) and you'll actually have a real challenge. You also get more skilled as you play and you feel like you achieved something at the end of it.

User Info: snesmaster40

snesmaster40
3 years ago#9
I know this feel and it can be quite annoying. The best thing you can do is join a Steam group and play some multiplayer games with those people. It'll feel refreshing as you now have a new reason to play.
Are we not men?

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#10
I'm in the same boat. I said I was going to work on my game back log, and basically... I haven't even passed my first game so far. I got to the end of Alan Wake, jumped around, went back, still didn't pass... and it's been around a month. I just rather come home, play a game of League, and hit Netflix. Gaming sounds like a good idea, but I just can't get back in to it.

I also find myself far less excited about games coming out. I have so many on my Steam account that I never play. The only game I am excited about is Wasteland 2.
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. In my mind I still want to play games but in my heart I'm getting sick&tired

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived