This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which omnipotent beings can you think of in games ( please read the whole thing)

#1HerrxPosted 8/18/2013 7:46:02 AM
Could you please try to think of all the games you played and think of beings in those games, that classifies as omnipotent ultimate evil that mortals cannot comprehend. I have two examples and try to follow these. Diablo, Mephisto and Baal from the series o the same name. They are beings of pure evil that has existed since the beginning of time and they cannot be killed only trapped. These being are not just living things in Sanchuary, but they are constant like the flow of time.

Another example (and I bet you didn't see this one coming) is Lucifer from Dante's Inferno. He is basically an eternal being, which exists outside of time and also omnipotent and the embodiment of evil (Satan). He is the one who fought with Michael, The Serpent in the garden of Eden, the dark angel. Okay these are the examples i'm looking for and you can mention beings that nesecarely are the main antagonist, but plays a role in the game. I must say that a being like for example Ganon in Zelda doesn't Qualify, because even though he is evil, he is not an omnipotent embodiment of evil like the before mentioned. Try to really think about what you write now and don't just write random names of your favorite villians. This is a complete black and white good/evil topic, no shades of grey. Go ahead!
---
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine - Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca
#2I-Planters-IPosted 8/18/2013 8:03:49 AM
Not even 50 shades?
#3DaedalusExPosted 8/18/2013 8:55:42 AM
Bump for interesting topic.
#4reincarnator07Posted 8/18/2013 8:58:16 AM
The player in Black and White series (if playing evil).

Arguably, the Reapers from Mass Effect series. Although not immortal, they are impossible to really comprehend.

EA Games. More for the ultimate evil part.

That little ****ing girl in Recettear.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#5GhennkinsPosted 8/18/2013 9:41:21 AM
Honestly can't think of any. Games barely ever give characters like that much development. Even characters like Renon from castilevania 64. He's a demon so I guess he's evil, but omnipotent? You can fight and defeat him so I dunno.

If I have played any games with characters like that, they were very forgettable. Maybe the narrator voice in Dungeon Keeper? Taxi driver from Vampire bloodlines? /shrug
#6kelemvorPosted 8/18/2013 9:59:41 AM
reincarnator07 posted...

*snip*
...That little ****ing girl in Recettear.

I LOL'd because I just bought that game. How true.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane
#7DaedalusExPosted 8/18/2013 10:24:53 AM
reincarnator07 posted...
Arguably, the Reapers from Mass Effect series. Although not immortal, they are impossible to really comprehend.

I'm inclined to agree with the Reapers from Mass Effect 1, before they were toned down in the sequels. The conversation with Sovereign is really the only video game interaction that ever gave me the sense that I was dealing with something I couldn't fathom.
#8PhilOnDezPosted 8/18/2013 10:25:47 AM
Do they necessarily have to be evil? Ratatosk from Tales of Symphonia 2 is immortal with the ability to completely rewrite the laws of nature. He does start off as a villain though I guess, what with trying to kill all the humans/half elves because they destroyed the world tree and were killing all the monsters. He was just doing what he thought was best though.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#9stmstrPosted 8/18/2013 10:36:45 AM
Herrx posted...
They are beings of pure evil that has existed since the beginning of time and they cannot be killed only trapped.

Nitpicking here, but just for the record they did not exist since the beginning of time. Anu is responsible for their creation.
#10PaukenPosted 8/18/2013 10:45:00 AM(edited)
- The main characters of the 3 most recent main Elder Scrolls series; lore-wise all 3 had access to CHIM, which effectively meant that using the dev console was actually accurate to the lore...that and modding in crazy %#$& like Monster Hunter bosses, or Space Marines purging Tamriel of heretics, or other such massive overhauls like that. This is even backed up by Talos, who changed the climate of Cyrodil from a jungle to a temperate forest, and did so BEFORE ascending beyond mortality (in other words he opened the toolset and mucked with the province before Oblivion shipped, to make it rip off LotR's atmosphere as much as possible)
- Technically, Kefka from FFVI. By absorbing the power of the three god statues, he became a literal god. The only reason he was defeated is because FF main chars are damn near unstoppable at high levels, such that even gods pose little threat to a well-prepared party (unless said FF game is IVDS, in which case even max level won't save you from the bosses, which apparently trained with Cthulhu himself to learn how to mercilessly beat the everlasting hope out of the party 5000 times over).
- as mentioned before, Reapers. They gonna reap, yo.