This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

990 FX board

#1Sergei_DukanovPosted 8/18/2013 8:09:07 AM
which would be better for a 8350

asus sabertooth

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131877

or asrock extreme 9

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157358

I am in a bind since I cant get my mind figured out. Leaning more towards the asrock extreme 9 tho.

just wanted to get a second opinion, that's all.
---
" The capacity to learn is a gift;The ability to learn is a skill;The willingness to learn is a choice." Gamer Tag: XT356
#2Sergei_Dukanov(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 8:40:27 AM
bump
---
" The capacity to learn is a gift;The ability to learn is a skill;The willingness to learn is a choice." Gamer Tag: XT356
#3GreenMage7Posted 8/18/2013 10:12:42 AM
I have a Sabertooth and it is a great board. The BIOS is amazing and it has tons of useful features. Overclocks everything like a beast as well.

The Extreme 9 is a great board as well though. Basically a coin flip. I will warn you about the Sabertooth though, if you plan on using two cards your PCI-e slot will probably get covered up by one of them. I only use one video card so it's not a problem for me, just giving you a heads up.
#4ZalteraPosted 8/18/2013 11:12:58 AM
I'd spend that extra $1.
---
Why is it that he can hit a 3rd baseman on a frozen rope from 300 feet away, but he can't hit a 12 foot tall catcher from 60 feet 6 inches away?
-Awesomeo_4000
#5Sergei_Dukanov(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 11:34:32 AM
GreenMage7 posted...
I have a Sabertooth and it is a great board. The BIOS is amazing and it has tons of useful features. Overclocks everything like a beast as well.

The Extreme 9 is a great board as well though. Basically a coin flip. I will warn you about the Sabertooth though, if you plan on using two cards your PCI-e slot will probably get covered up by one of them. I only use one video card so it's not a problem for me, just giving you a heads up.

meh, I was going to do a trial run of the new crossfire patch with my old 7870 and my brothers 7850. But since they are both HIS with the iceq behemoth of a cooler, I may just go with the extreme9.
---