This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

990 FX board

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 990 FX board

User Info: Sergei_Dukanov

Sergei_Dukanov
3 years ago#1
which would be better for a 8350

asus sabertooth

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131877

or asrock extreme 9

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157358

I am in a bind since I cant get my mind figured out. Leaning more towards the asrock extreme 9 tho.

just wanted to get a second opinion, that's all.
" The capacity to learn is a gift;The ability to learn is a skill;The willingness to learn is a choice." Gamer Tag: XT356

Sergei_Dukanov
3 years ago#2
bump
" The capacity to learn is a gift;The ability to learn is a skill;The willingness to learn is a choice." Gamer Tag: XT356

User Info: GreenMage7

GreenMage7
3 years ago#3
I have a Sabertooth and it is a great board. The BIOS is amazing and it has tons of useful features. Overclocks everything like a beast as well.

The Extreme 9 is a great board as well though. Basically a coin flip. I will warn you about the Sabertooth though, if you plan on using two cards your PCI-e slot will probably get covered up by one of them. I only use one video card so it's not a problem for me, just giving you a heads up.

User Info: Zaltera

Zaltera
3 years ago#4
I'd spend that extra $1.
Why is it that he can hit a 3rd baseman on a frozen rope from 300 feet away, but he can't hit a 12 foot tall catcher from 60 feet 6 inches away?
-Awesomeo_4000

Sergei_Dukanov
3 years ago#5
GreenMage7 posted...
I have a Sabertooth and it is a great board. The BIOS is amazing and it has tons of useful features. Overclocks everything like a beast as well.

The Extreme 9 is a great board as well though. Basically a coin flip. I will warn you about the Sabertooth though, if you plan on using two cards your PCI-e slot will probably get covered up by one of them. I only use one video card so it's not a problem for me, just giving you a heads up.

meh, I was going to do a trial run of the new crossfire patch with my old 7870 and my brothers 7850. But since they are both HIS with the iceq behemoth of a cooler, I may just go with the extreme9.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 990 FX board

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived