This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do Steam Achievements really matter?

#1SolnotPosted 8/18/2013 9:14:45 AM
Do Steam Achievements really matter? - Results (95 votes)
Yes, Achievements matter.
15.79% (15 votes)
No, Achievements don't matter.
84.21% (80 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I wanna know how important PC gamers feel Steam Achievements are in their games.
#2maybecallsPosted 8/18/2013 9:16:25 AM
I have no idea. I've never taken any notice of them. I might be missing out on something there.
#3Hi CPosted 8/18/2013 9:18:52 AM
Achievements and "Gamer score" are two of the worst things added this generation.
---
You'll be my John G.
#4Crimsin_GibletPosted 8/18/2013 9:24:02 AM(edited)
I don't really care about Steam achievements. For whatever reason I really enjoyed the pop up sound and the gamerscore of achievements on Xbox. Overall though I think that it's an extremely relative subject. Steam Trading Cards on the other hand....
#5redrum187Posted 8/18/2013 9:43:01 AM(edited)
Hi C posted...
Achievements and "Gamer score" are two of the worst things added this generation.

i totally agree.
---
i still haven't found what i'm looking for...
#6datopgamerPosted 8/18/2013 9:51:24 AM
I believe achievements are pointless. Its basically there for bragging rights. Back in the day you didn't need that crap because beating a game was enough. If a game was good enough you would play through multiple times. Now people play through crappy games numerous times just for achievement points. Hell I've seen people get a Hannah Montanna game just because it was easy to get all trophies.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#7El_KazPosted 8/18/2013 10:11:51 AM
They matter exactly as much or as little as you want them to.
The same can be said of completing a game, or of your high score, leaderboard rank, W/L and K/D ratios, etc.
---
Wait... what?
#8stmstrPosted 8/18/2013 10:21:37 AM
I like them.

They give me goals to shoot for, whether they're challenge runs or completion goals. I'd do that stuff on my own but some structured milestones are always nice.

It's also fun to go back and check out what I've done in a game and what I never got around to doing. Especially when I see an achievement I thought for sure I'd get but stopped short. Just makes me want to go back to that game for just a little longer.

I think too many gamers rag on achievements. They're a nice touch. Not a big deal.
#9Freelance_WolfPosted 8/18/2013 10:24:30 AM
Achievements by itself is fine. What is not fine are people willing to bypass good games simply because they have no achievements. That's not the achievements' fault though.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#10MuhammadJAPosted 8/18/2013 10:27:24 AM
I don't care about achievements. I always turn off the steam community in my games anyway.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, home of the Drama Queens.
Where you can get modded for stating your opinion.