This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to have an entirely wireless computer?

#1PurificationPosted 8/18/2013 9:28:59 AM
is it possible to have a wireless computer?

what i mean is the keyboard, mouse, speakers, and monitor are all wireless and separate from each other and the case. As such, the case is also standalone except for wires connecting to the outlet/wall (but if possible, this would be wireless too).
---
The Judge, Jury, and Executioner
#2PhilOnDezPosted 8/18/2013 9:56:11 AM
The Shield kinda does that, at least when gaming. If you had a battery powered computer and used steam big picture mode with the shield that would be all it took.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#3LordSeiferPosted 8/18/2013 9:57:50 AM
power is the issue, there is no commercially available wireless power systems

other than a battery, and running a monitor or computer on batteries would be ridiculous and heavy.

there are wireless video displays, ie hdmi without the cable, but its definitely better to just run the cable.
---
^ this
#4fataliPosted 8/18/2013 9:58:51 AM
A laptop? XD
---
Mystery is the source of all true science.
#5TheFish0Posted 8/18/2013 10:02:42 AM
It's possible to make it entirely wireless.
For keyboard, mouse and speakers, you can get bluetooth versions of them.
For monitor, you can get some wireless HDMI transceivers.
As for power, I guess you could use that induction charging malarkey. But the PC would need to right next to the sending part of the induction charger, negating the point. You could always try running it off batteries so it's technically wireless and can be moved around.
---
Rig - AMD Phenom II x4 940, 8GB DDR2, GeForce GTX 260 896MB, 5.1 Surround Sound, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 7 Pro 64-bit