This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Final Decision...

#21DerPancakePosted 8/22/2013 7:53:15 PM
The 7990 is the best one.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#22Panopictonguy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 8:34:17 PM
GreenMage7 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Bump, buying a card tomorrow...

I don't know, if you want the absolute best performance from one card then it is the 780. Normally I would say wait for AMD's cards to come out a little later this year but since they don't have an official date it's hard to say that. Even if you decided to go Nvidia after that, it's likely they would price drop because as of right now they are overpriced. Two 7970s are going to give you the best performance for the money but as Snuckie said, Eyefinity isn't supported yet and given AMD's multi-card history I understand wanting to stay away even if they are at the top of their game right now.

There isn't a lot to add other than if you decide to go with the 780, you are paying more than the performance increase dictates it's worth. That's what happens when you lack competition in a particular sector. As long as you are personally okay with that, enjoy.

I may end up getting the 7990 or 2 7970's. Can someone link me to the site that lets you calculate system usage so I can make sure my PSU can handle it.

I won't be doing Multi monitor. After looking at some videos I've determined I can't deal with the blind spots between monitors. It kills immersion for me.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#23PathlessBulletPosted 8/22/2013 8:39:25 PM
SLI 760's.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#24RequiemPosted 8/22/2013 8:39:31 PM
I'm not sure if paying $600 for gpu to "futureproof" is worth the effort, seeing as how buying a $300 (or even a $200) card now and replacing it with another $300 (or $200) card in 2~3 years will give you better performance for the 5 year period.
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
#25PhilOnDezPosted 8/22/2013 8:47:01 PM
You can build your entire system on pcpartpicker.com and it will give a highball estimate.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#26Panopictonguy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 8:48:24 PM
Requiem posted...
I'm not sure if paying $600 for gpu to "futureproof" is worth the effort, seeing as how buying a $300 (or even a $200) card now and replacing it with another $300 (or $200) card in 2~3 years will give you better performance for the 5 year period.

I want to play Watch Dogs and not get Frame rate Dips. If I buy a $300 then realize in 3 months it can't hand a next gen title at 1080p i'll be high disappointed.

I made the mistake of under paying when I got my first video card. Sure I can game on it when turning down settings, and it allowed me to play Payday. The only issue is It can't really handle many games over medium settings. And I only barely get 25-30fps
---
#27RequiemPosted 8/22/2013 8:50:48 PM
That's true.
You might want to wait a month for 9970, although if you're going to buy now, you might as well go for a single powerful card to avoid xfire/sli and minimize heat issues.
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
#28Panopictonguy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 8:51:34 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
You can build your entire system on pcpartpicker.com and it will give a highball estimate.

It gave me 697 with Crossfire & 657 with just a 7990. I'm using a Corsair HX Professional 750.

I found Extreme Power Supply calculator and it estimated 566. It recommended a Corsair Professional AX 750.

I guess i'm good ^_^
---
#29Panopictonguy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 8:53:16 PM
Requiem posted...
That's true.
You might want to wait a month for 9970, although if you're going to buy now, you might as well go for a single powerful card to avoid xfire/sli and minimize heat issues.

Thanks for the info I'll consider that.
---