This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why the f*** do most businesses and coporations still use Internet Explorer?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why the f*** do most businesses and coporations still use Internet Explorer?

User Info: MrMonkhouse

MrMonkhouse
3 years ago#1
Whats wrong with Google Chrome or Firefox? IE is complete s*** and yet companies say only IE will work if you want to access their website properly.
http://i.imgur.com/r9pppzV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BcGVG.gif

User Info: HydroCannabinol

HydroCannabinol
3 years ago#2
IE is fine and is supported by default by Microsoft. Why do most companies use windows?
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil

User Info: kyler45

kyler45
3 years ago#3
HydroCannabinol posted...
IE is fine and is supported by default by Microsoft. Why do most companies use windows?

Most companies use horribly outdated versions of IE, so a lot of websites aren't supported.
Xbox Live: Kyler45
AC:CF 0605-3418-4438 Name: Kyler Town: Larova

User Info: _Marka_Ragnos_

_Marka_Ragnos_
3 years ago#4
The newer versions of Internet Explorer are fine.
i5 4670k| 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3| EVGA GTX 780|Alienware m17x
"You can't not pool as Zerg" - FatBlackCat

User Info: MI2Dragon

MI2Dragon
3 years ago#5
Because it has the word "Internet" in it's title.
100 percent of the people I asked, would recommend this sig to their friends.

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
3 years ago#6
Because it saves them money.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#7
_Marka_Ragnos_ posted...
The newer versions of Internet Explorer are fine.

I really liked 9, never had a problem with it until I let a friend use my computer unsupervised for a few hours. After that, it would crash and have to recover literally every time you tried to navigate to a new page. I still haven't figured out what he did so I moved on to chrome and haven't had any real problems with it outside of having to figure out how to do certain things again. I can see why folks with a level of computer literacy comparable to my friend's (he still has xp and dial-up, all he uses it for is iTunes so he may as well not have a computer) wouldn't like it though.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: snkboi

snkboi
3 years ago#8
if companies are caught using windows os without a license they can get fined, this is why companies get audited and pay a license fee to use windows and office

internet explorer is included with the windows license so that's why almost every company uses it..plus it's also a part of their warranty package on each computer

most business servers are also programed with internet explorer
i think it's nice

User Info: Monkeymage

Monkeymage
3 years ago#9
Trying to access my company's internal website with anything other than IE = no bueno
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
3 years ago#10
i believe its because its still the "most popular" internet browser in the world. mainly in china where alot of people use ie6.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why the f*** do most businesses and coporations still use Internet Explorer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived