This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why the f*** do most businesses and coporations still use Internet Explorer?

#1MrMonkhousePosted 8/18/2013 12:21:53 PM
Whats wrong with Google Chrome or Firefox? IE is complete s*** and yet companies say only IE will work if you want to access their website properly.
---
http://i.imgur.com/r9pppzV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BcGVG.gif
#2HydroCannabinolPosted 8/18/2013 12:23:50 PM
IE is fine and is supported by default by Microsoft. Why do most companies use windows?
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#3kyler45Posted 8/18/2013 12:29:57 PM
HydroCannabinol posted...
IE is fine and is supported by default by Microsoft. Why do most companies use windows?

Most companies use horribly outdated versions of IE, so a lot of websites aren't supported.
---
Xbox Live: Kyler45
AC:CF 0605-3418-4438 Name: Kyler Town: Larova
#4_Marka_Ragnos_Posted 8/18/2013 12:32:04 PM
The newer versions of Internet Explorer are fine.
---
i5 4670k| 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3| EVGA GTX 780|Alienware m17x
"You can't not pool as Zerg" - FatBlackCat
#5MI2DragonPosted 8/18/2013 12:52:49 PM
Because it has the word "Internet" in it's title.
---
100 percent of the people I asked, would recommend this sig to their friends.
#6Digital StormPosted 8/18/2013 12:59:39 PM
Because it saves them money.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#7PhilOnDezPosted 8/18/2013 1:05:20 PM
_Marka_Ragnos_ posted...
The newer versions of Internet Explorer are fine.

I really liked 9, never had a problem with it until I let a friend use my computer unsupervised for a few hours. After that, it would crash and have to recover literally every time you tried to navigate to a new page. I still haven't figured out what he did so I moved on to chrome and haven't had any real problems with it outside of having to figure out how to do certain things again. I can see why folks with a level of computer literacy comparable to my friend's (he still has xp and dial-up, all he uses it for is iTunes so he may as well not have a computer) wouldn't like it though.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#8snkboiPosted 8/18/2013 1:14:16 PM
if companies are caught using windows os without a license they can get fined, this is why companies get audited and pay a license fee to use windows and office

internet explorer is included with the windows license so that's why almost every company uses it..plus it's also a part of their warranty package on each computer

most business servers are also programed with internet explorer
---
i think it's nice
#9MonkeymagePosted 8/18/2013 1:15:53 PM
Trying to access my company's internal website with anything other than IE = no bueno
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#10johnny_payPosted 8/18/2013 1:19:45 PM
i believe its because its still the "most popular" internet browser in the world. mainly in china where alot of people use ie6.