This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best gaming mouse and mechanical keyboard?

#1NinjaGuerraPosted 8/18/2013 2:05:26 PM
I'm thinking about getting a Ducky Shine II with Cherry MX Reds for my keyboard, but for my mouse I'm clueless!

I have a Razer DeathAdder right now but its old and I'm getting tired of the dried up hand oils on the gloss sides of the mouse... I'm looking for something that is better and more oil resistant D:
---
Rhythm Game Enthusiast.
PSN/Gamertag/LoL: NinjaGuerra
#2SnipeStarPosted 8/18/2013 3:04:05 PM
i use the logitech g9 (its been updated to the g9x)

it has been wonderful for me this past few years
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#3AlleRacingPosted 8/18/2013 3:40:48 PM
Best for both of those is highly subjective. The Ducky Shine 2 seems to be recommended a lot and I have yet to hear anything bad about it, so it should be a solid choice, though there may be a Ducky Shine 3 releasing in the near future.

As far as mice go, that's even harder to recommend because of variance in hand size and grip style. I like my G9 quite a bit, it's a little small for my hand, but I claw it anyway so it's not a big deal. I've heard pretty good things about the G400 and G600. The Razer Deathadder is pretty good, and is actually the only Razer product I would recommend. I'm a little hesitant about their new software though. Lastly, Zowie seems to make some pretty solid mice, and I believe they currently have the highest DPI optical mouse.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#4NinjaGuerra(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 4:37:10 PM
I saw a nice corsair and a nice mionix... i really cant decide for a mouse, thats good to hear about the keyboard though.
---
Rhythm Game Enthusiast.
PSN/Gamertag/LoL: NinjaGuerra
#5MannerHatcheryPosted 8/18/2013 4:40:04 PM
Should have got a black edition death adder :P
---
Winter is coming
#6Master_BassPosted 8/18/2013 4:56:12 PM(edited)
AlleRacing posted...
The Ducky Shine 2 seems to be recommended a lot and I have yet to hear anything bad about it, so it should be a solid choice, though there may be a Ducky Shine 3 releasing in the near future.

The Ducky Shine 3 is already out. You can get them at Tiger Imports.
http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_list&c=290

Also, any of the mice at the top of this image would be a good pick.
http://i.imgur.com/ZDlsB9T.jpg?1?6470
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#7GarquillPosted 8/18/2013 5:35:16 PM
Recommended mice with perfect sensors:

Zowie EC1 evo
Zowie EC2 evo
Zowie AM
Zowie FK
WMO
Logitech G400 / G400s
Kinzuadder
Razer Deathadder
Razer Abyssus
Roccat Savu
CM Storm Spawn
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#8New_PantsPosted 8/18/2013 5:52:20 PM
Unless you are a pure bred PC elitist, don't buy into what the above image suggests. Sure, maybe optical sensors are "optimal" but that doesn't mean that a laser mouse is "s*** tier." They work great, and there many options. Pick one that works for you.
---
~SamuraiChicken~
There's a fine line between stupidity and insanity. Will you cross it?
#9googs19Posted 8/18/2013 6:03:30 PM
I got a Ducky Shine II for Christmas last year.
So far the only negative aspect of owning it has been that I still have to go back to using a rubber dome keyboard every day at work.
#10GarquillPosted 8/18/2013 6:18:29 PM
New_Pants posted...
Unless you are a pure bred PC elitist, don't buy into what the above image suggests. Sure, maybe optical sensors are "optimal" but that doesn't mean that a laser mouse is "s*** tier." They work great, and there many options. Pick one that works for you.

there's enough perfect sensor mice to not need laser mice unless you have a niche requirement that isn't currently on a perfect sensor mouse
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein