This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best gaming mouse and mechanical keyboard?

#11Mega_TyrantPosted 8/18/2013 6:23:32 PM(edited)
My Naga died a couple days ago and on recommendations I ordered a G500S today and picked it up in store since . Holy heck it is huge! Not a negative since I have big hands but just a warning for those with small child hand. The G4/5/6/700 are all about the same size. Also the design is definitely geared towards the palm grip as opposed to the claw or fingertip style.
---
Bludgeo'd for hammer...
#12cynicwithin2000Posted 8/18/2013 7:32:12 PM
Master_Bass posted...
AlleRacing posted...
The Ducky Shine 2 seems to be recommended a lot and I have yet to hear anything bad about it, so it should be a solid choice, though there may be a Ducky Shine 3 releasing in the near future.

The Ducky Shine 3 is already out. You can get them at Tiger Imports.
http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_list&c=290

Also, any of the mice at the top of this image would be a good pick.
http://i.imgur.com/ZDlsB9T.jpg?1?6470

Thanks for the heads up man. I wasn't aware that they were released yet. I picked up a YotS keyboard and wrist rest. Sucks that you cannot find the special edition aluminum ones any more.
---
i7-4770k @4.4Ghz | AsRock z87 OC Formula || Corsair 16GB@1600 | H100i | 1200w || 500GB 840evo ssd | 5TB 7200rpm | EVGA GTX 780 Classified SLI | ASUS 2560x1440 |
#13Undead587Posted 8/18/2013 9:52:55 PM
I have the logitech G710 keyboard and the G700 mouse. I am happy with both. Whether they're best or not I can't say.
#14shadowtemariPosted 8/18/2013 10:14:56 PM
I got my corsair m95 last week and if been loving it so far.
---
The Official Ouroboros of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
[JUS:2492-0202-2363][PokemonD Shadow:4467-74599271]
#15_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 8/18/2013 11:46:38 PM(edited)
Both are subjective. When it comes to mice, really a lot of them use the same or very similar sensors. So what is crucial is the shape, weight, location of the buttons etc. You have to pick something that works for your grip, playstyle and anatomy. Personally I like ambidextrous light mice, and I try to go for good optical sensors. This is why I am using the Zowie FK. Other great mice are the Deathadder and G400s for example.

Regarding perfect sensors. I think it makes sense that if you pay a lot of money for a mouse, you might as well get something with a really good sensor. However, the slight acceleration of modern laser mice will not have as big of an impact on your performance as some would have you believe. Nevertheless, I also try to avoid it. There are a few things people look for in a good sensor. High max tracking speed, Low lift of distance, no prediction, no acceleration.

The tracking speed means that the mouse keeps tracking at high speeds. Lift of distance means the distance needed to lift the sensor from the surface for it to stop tracking. Prediction means that your movements are predicted and smoothed out. The cursor will not reflect your exact hand movement, but rather a smoother, less jittery path. Acceleration means that how your cursor moves on the screen is not only dependent on how the distance you moved the mouse, but also on the speed with which you have used the mouse.

When it comes to prediction, it is more a preference than anything else. A lot of people do not seem to mind it. When it comes to acceleration, most people feel it makes things more complicated. Instead of distance by mouse and cursor have a simple relationship, mouse speed also plays a role, which just makes things harder. However, when it is consistent you can get used to it. And some people, like a lot of quake players even like it. What it offers is built in sensitivity adjustment. Move slow to make adjustments for a headshot and the cursor moves slow. Move fast to turn 180 degrees and you will not have to cover a large distance with the mouse to achieve this. Even ideal lift off distance is really subjective.

Note that all of these things are pretty much amplified if you use a low sensitivity. That is because with a low sensitivity you tend to do a lot of long sweeps with variable speeds, and you tend to pick up the mouse a lot. For people who like to play with low sensitivity, the decision of a sensor (in my opinion) is therefore even more crucial. Especially when playing FPS. Personally, when playing Counterstrike GO with low sensitivity (windows setting 6/11, mouse 500 DPI, ingame sensitivity 1.75) the difference between (software) acceleration and no acceleration is pretty huge and was an issue for me. For me, accel makes me inaccurate.

When it comes to keyboards, the same thing applies. It is mostly subjective. Which type of switch do you like? Do you want a tenkeyless? etc. The Ducky shine is a very common recommendation, but personally, I am not a big fan (even though I do not deny it is a great product). I do not like the Cherry stabilizers. Having Costar stabilizers on my other keyboards, I can not get used to them and they really diminish the experience of typing for me. I am also not a fan of backlit keyboards. Really, how often do you really look at your keyboard when typing or gaming? Almost never. So most of the time there is just a distracting glow coming from my keyboard that has no purpose. Though I will admit it can look really cool.

For any keyboard with at least 4 key rollover, there is really no difference in performance. Go for your own preference in type of switch, whether Cherry MX, Topre, whatever, and find the features you want (media keys, detachable USB cable etc.).

---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#16_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 8/18/2013 11:43:59 PM
lol I wrote a novel (I am in the train to work XD)
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#17ArsenicOverlordPosted 8/18/2013 11:52:19 PM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
lol I wrote a novel (I am in the train to work XD)

Best time to do lengthy posts lol
---
Phosphorus? Pfffft, who needs 'em??
Happy user of PowerFAQs 1.11
#18GarquillPosted 8/19/2013 8:21:05 AM
MX Blues are at a technical disadvantage for gaming, but that's it for MX keys as far as I know
They're also technically slower for typing too, they just feel cool
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#19cuteboi100Posted 8/19/2013 8:21:56 AM
What type of mouse grip do you use? MX Red will be top-notch for gaming.
---
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage
#20Cobra152004Posted 8/19/2013 10:58:54 AM
Master_Bass posted...
AlleRacing posted...
The Ducky Shine 2 seems to be recommended a lot and I have yet to hear anything bad about it, so it should be a solid choice, though there may be a Ducky Shine 3 releasing in the near future.

The Ducky Shine 3 is already out. You can get them at Tiger Imports.
http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_list&c=290

Also, any of the mice at the top of this image would be a good pick.
http://i.imgur.com/ZDlsB9T.jpg?1?6470

Thanks for posting about the Ducky Shine 3. I hadn't looked into it recently and am glad to see that it has been released.