This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow... Metro Last Light actually brings my PC to its knees on High-Very High!

#41JKatarnPosted 8/20/2013 6:57:08 PM
You know, it's a pretty nice looking game, but from what I've seen I see nothing that would justify spending $600+ on a video-card to max it. It's not like when the original Crysis came out in 2007 and blew everyone away (at least from a technical standpoint). This says nothing of the gameplay itself, which is apparently pretty good.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#42PanopictonguyPosted 8/20/2013 9:15:24 PM
Most people who aren't avid PC gamers are fine with sub 30FPS considering most everything else is only 30FPS. You only realize a game isn't running as fast as it could be when there is a big yellow number in the corner of your screen.

People can only comprehend 40 things are a time despite how many frames they get. Having higher frame rates just makes it less likely it'll drop to the point you start noticing slow downs. If someone is getting a consistent 20 FPS as opposed to fluctuation between 30 & 60 it'll seem smooth.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#43THEB0SS666Posted 8/20/2013 9:41:44 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
Most people who aren't avid PC gamers are fine with sub 30FPS considering most everything else is only 30FPS. You only realize a game isn't running as fast as it could be when there is a big yellow number in the corner of your screen.

People can only comprehend 40 things are a time despite how many frames they get. Having higher frame rates just makes it less likely it'll drop to the point you start noticing slow downs. If someone is getting a consistent 20 FPS as opposed to fluctuation between 30 & 60 it'll seem smooth.

I rather have 30-60fps fluctuation. 20 fps is absolute crap and a horrid unplayable mess. 30fps is always fine with me since all games run fine at 30fps even though higher is always smoother.
---
dell xps 7100 gtx 660sc 8gb ram amd phenom x6 1045t 3.2ghz 1.5tbhdd
Moderators are filthy disgusting creatures.
#44JKatarnPosted 8/21/2013 9:56:19 AM(edited)
Panopictonguy posted...

Um no, I think even console gamers would notice 20 FPS - that is most certainly not smooth - perhaps barely playable, but 20 FPS ain't smooth. 25-30 is the bare minimum for playable experience, and you drop below 25 and it's definitely noticeable (hell, a drop below 30 is, because we're talking about interactive games here, not video, and the control response lag is most definitely noticeable). Most people can tell the difference between 30 and 60 FPS even if they don't understand things like framerate etc. because of the fluidity of the visuals, the quicker response of the controls etc. That's one of the reasons the CoD series is so popular because of the 60 FPS the engine outputs. Developers this generation have done their best to mask low framerates with motion blur etc, but the control response/animation speeds are still dead giveaways.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES