This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Man Witcher 2..

#1chris121691Posted 8/19/2013 2:23:01 AM
First off let me say I've always avoided games with a story like campaign..I've always been into sports games, mobas, rts games. Mainly because I felt like it would be a waste of time to play something with no replay value. I've tried skyrim also, and thought it was just a fun game, even without doing the main quest.
I'm weird like that I guess.

But playing the witcher is amazing. I feel like I've been missing out on games that give you a story.
I'm not even that far in.
What are some other great games that just kind of grab you and make you want to keep playing?..Like a book almost.
Thinking of trying out Tomb Raider
#2SnipeStarPosted 8/19/2013 2:41:07 AM
you have been missing out on many, many incredible games over the years...

its hard to recommend them to any one person because everyone has different tastes..

anyway, the half-life games are highly recommended

the bioshock games are real good

i also enjoyed the darksiders games

sleeping dogs is another good one

oh, and tomb raider is great.
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#3SlaynPosted 8/19/2013 2:53:35 AM(edited)
Do you like RPG then? How old are you willing to go? Plenty of RPG with good storylines, depending on what you like. IMO anything Bioware is great, but it depends on what you want.

Modern RPG:
Knights of the Old Republic 1/2
Mass Effect 1-3 ( 3 was disappointing, worth playing )
Dragon Age: Origins ( 2nd isn't worth it IMO )

Older RPG:
Planescape Torment
Baldur's Gate 2
Neverwinter Nights 1/2

FPS:
Spec Ops: The Line ( very underrated )
Bioshock 1/2/3
System Shock 2
Alan Wake
Max Payne 1/2/3 ( first 2 were very good, haven't played 3rd )
Deus Ex ( haven't play anything past the first )

Other:
Bastion ( great indie game, fun gameplay, good story )
Sleeping Dogs ( you can play it for the gameplay, but the story is better than any GTA )
The Walking Dead ( gameplay is old school point and click, story is SPOT ON )
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#4chris121691(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 2:46:44 AM
SnipeStar posted...

its hard to recommend them to any one person because everyone has different tastes..

In your opinion, which is your favorite then.

Also, should I go back and play the witcher 1, AFTER I've already played the 2nd? Is that one just as good?
#5chris121691(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 2:51:42 AM
Slayn posted...
Do you like RPG then? How old are you willing to go? Plenty of RPG with good storylines, depending on what you like. IMO anything Bioware is great, but it depends on what you want.

Modern RPG:

Older RPG:
Planescape Torment
Baldur's Gate 2
Neverwinter Nights 1/2

FPS:
Bioshock 1/2/3
System Shock 2
Alan Wake

Other:
Sleeping Dogs ( you can play it for the gameplay, but the story is better than any GTA )

hmmm. Not too old, as I don't want completely dated graphics. Even though I play age of empires.. :./

I heard spec ops was great as well. And Sleeping Dogs is definitely on the radar now after seeing videos.
I can't go anywhere near the walking dead as I can't stand the show lol.
Thanks guys. You're great.
#6SnipeStarPosted 8/19/2013 3:06:20 AM(edited)
chris121691 posted...
SnipeStar posted...

In your opinion, which is your favorite then.

Also, should I go back and play the witcher 1, AFTER I've already played the 2nd? Is that one just as good?

well i listed my favorite games out of all the games i could think of... especially the half-life games and the bioshock games

and i second spec ops: the line. the controls are a little clunky, but the story is really really good

i wouldnt bother going back to play witcher 1 unless you really, really like the 2nd one.
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#7SlaynPosted 8/19/2013 2:57:55 AM
Yeah I never heard of Spec Ops except for people on here recommending it, I got it and played it non-stop, very good game. The gameplay is average, the story is above average. If it didn't have such a good story, wouldn't be worth it.

TWD has little to do with the show, so I cannot say whether you will like it. The story is just good, and probably better than the show. I say this as someone who loves the show, despite it's terrible pacing.

I hated The Witcher, the game probably has worse pacing than The Walking Dead show. I cannot recommend the first one, but I also haven't played the second.

Sleeping Dogs is THE underrated game. So worth a play.

If you want my recommendation as an RPG player, it is Dragon Age: Origins. The main storyline is pretty cliche, but the gameplay is solid, the party interactions are good, it is just a very well done quintessential traditional RPG.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#8daemon_danPosted 8/19/2013 2:58:26 AM
chris121691 posted...
Slayn posted...

Modern RPG:

Older RPG:
Planescape Torment
Baldur's Gate 2
Neverwinter Nights 1/2

FPS:
Bioshock 1/2/3
System Shock 2
Alan Wake

Other:

hmmm. Not too old, as I don't want completely dated graphics. Even though I play age of empires.. :./

I heard spec ops was great as well. And Sleeping Dogs is definitely on the radar now after seeing videos.
I can't go anywhere near the walking dead as I can't stand the show lol.
Thanks guys. You're great.

Not playing Planescape and Baldur's gate cause they have dated graphics is seriously doing yourself a disservice
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#901Philip01Posted 8/19/2013 2:58:28 AM
IMO sleeping dogs is overrated, the driving controls are bad, the fighting is mostly press y when enemy is red, story is the only reason you play and it's not THAT great. The most annoying part for me is that cars forever shift up.
---
NNID: PhilipPwns ( Add me thru miiverse )
3DS Friend Code: 0387 9129 6502
#10WeaponX1138Posted 8/19/2013 3:43:56 AM
mmmm ManWitch
---
Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom. STEAM ID: Silentmark1138