This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Man Witcher 2..

#11Fade2black001Posted 8/19/2013 2:46:35 AM
01Philip01 posted...
IMO sleeping dogs is overrated, the driving controls are bad, the fighting is mostly press y when enemy is red, story is the only reason you play and it's not THAT great. The most annoying part for me is that cars forever shift up.

This guy must be trolling. The driving is awesome. its infinitely better than the default driving in GTA IV. The story is wonderful. I beaten the game twice already along with all the DLC. The fighting is a lot better than GTA IV as well. Its a lot more immerse and well done. You hate it fine but all you say isn't wrong.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#12NingishzidaPosted 8/19/2013 4:01:45 AM(edited)
chris121691 posted...
But playing the witcher is amazing. I feel like I've been missing out on games that give you a story.
I'm not even that far in.
What are some other great games that just kind of grab you and make you want to keep playing?..Like a book almost.
Thinking of trying out Tomb Raider

so you're "not far" into TW2, and you're already looking for other games? something doesn't add up, i would have thought you would continue to play TW2 to completion, then ask. weird.

anyway, i guess the main attraction of TW2 is a player-manipulatable, modular storyline. but there's nothing there that hasn't been done far better by RPGs that came ten years before it.

list of RPGs that destroy TW2 on its strongest aspect and in every other respect except teh garfix:

Deus Ex*
Planescape: Torment
Fallout 1/2
Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura
Baldur's Gate series
Vampire Bloodlines*
KotOR 2*
Mask of the Betrayer*

the ones with the asterisk i think would appeal to your more because visually they don't seem as old as the others.

but PS:T is simply the greatest story ever told in a RPG.
#13dekouPosted 8/19/2013 6:56:13 AM(edited)
Tomb Raider is great. The best action game I've played recently. The only bad thing I can think of is that its platforming sections are a bit too easy.

Other than that, try BioShock 1 and Infinite (2 is alright, too, but a sequel to 1). Planescape: Torment and Silent Hill 2 are my favorite games story wise, but they're quite old already.
#14tottenhamfan7Posted 8/19/2013 3:23:37 PM
Older games are great story wise.You have to try out:
-Max Payne 1 (the sequel and the third one suck)
-Silent Hill 2
-Mafia (really old but awesome)
#15TimePharaohPosted 8/19/2013 3:30:55 PM(edited)
Skyrim doesn't have a story so don't worry about that

"Like a book"....I'm guessing you've never actually read a book though
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#16r7gerrabbitPosted 8/19/2013 3:29:51 PM
Mass Effect series.
Despite what people say about ME3 it's still a good game, and the first two are epic.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif