This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I give Dragon Age Origins another chance?

#1XNo_FearXPosted 8/19/2013 6:37:03 AM
I played it a long time ago on consoles and I got stuck on a boss and never played it again...Not sure if its worth going through again
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
FC: 1392 - 4747 - 3214
#2Ch3wyPosted 8/19/2013 6:38:06 AM
No.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#3Born LuckyPosted 8/19/2013 6:46:51 AM
For a game that was supposed to be the "spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate", I never see anyone talking about it.

It's a below average game with unlikeable characters. That's what happens when devs put all their energy into pushing an agenda instead of trying to make a great game. That kind of thinking has been ruining all genres of entertainment for the past 25 years.

You want a good party based game? Try Neverwinter Nights 2, or the Drakensang series..
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot
#4happyscrub1Posted 8/19/2013 6:48:04 AM
Born Lucky posted...
For a game that was supposed to be the "spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate", I never see anyone talking about it. ..

Come from out under the rock please.
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
#5ShadowThaReaperPosted 8/19/2013 6:49:28 AM
No, it's not very good. Just a cheap imitation of Baldur's Gate.

It's Bioware, though, so it gets a lot of fanboys.
#6x_stevey_xPosted 8/19/2013 7:06:38 AM(edited)
ShadowThaReaper posted...
No, it's not very good. Just a cheap imitation of Baldur's Gate.

It's Bioware, though, so it gets a lot of fanboys.

actually if anything it's been cool to hate on bioware as of the past few years.

personally, i think dragon age origins is a great game. and it has some good mods too. plus it is meant to be played on pc. it is superior to the console versions.

edit-my only real gripe with the game is the dlc can somewhat be a little intrusive to being immersed in the game. it's kinda weird when one second you're exploring , and the next second an npc tells you to click a link to buy a quest. that being said if you have all the dlc it won't bother you.
#7ShadowThaReaperPosted 8/19/2013 7:06:28 AM
x_stevey_x posted...
actually if anything it's been cool to hate on bioware as of the past few years.

It's just that now there are more people playing their games. Can't fool everybody with such shoddy quality games.

Can't rehash Baldur's Gate forever and get away with it. Especially when you use lgbt issues to deflect criticisms.
#8x_stevey_xPosted 8/19/2013 7:07:58 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
x_stevey_x posted...

It's just that now there are more people playing their games. Can't fool everybody with such shoddy quality games.

Can't rehash Baldur's Gate forever and get away with it. Especially when you use lgbt issues to deflect criticisms.

i don't see it as a rehash at all. the combat is much more engaging than baldur's gate for one. also mass effect 3 is a great game. bring on your hipster angst.
#9NicodimusPosted 8/19/2013 7:09:43 AM
No, you probably shouldn't. I had the exact same thing happen with DAO. I got stuck, and after several attempts, I was no closer to winning the battle. I hadn't been liking it much up to that point, so it was easy just to throw up my hands and move onto a game that was more fun.
---
My movie and gaming room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU
#10ShadowThaReaperPosted 8/19/2013 7:10:40 AM
x_stevey_x posted...
i don't see it as a rehash at all.

You're kidding, right? They've been rehashing the exact same story structure in almost every single game. Not to mention, DA:O is just a more casualized version of BG.

x_stevey_x posted...
bring on your hipster angst.

Pretending to be inept isn't trolling. Neither is dismissing somebody's criticism with a silly label that doesn't mean anything.