This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I give Dragon Age Origins another chance?

#81AlleRacingPosted 8/19/2013 9:59:30 PM
Shuriko posted...
Ningishzida posted...
BG2 is... astonishing... in what you can do in it.

You mean like sitting in a field clicking Rest hundreds of times to see Jaheira's romance dialogue that will never be completeld within the duration of a normal playthrough?

People need to stop equating flawed game mechanics to being "hardcore".

That actually sounds preferable to completing romance dialogues in a single conversation.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#82NingishzidaPosted 8/19/2013 10:04:38 PM
KURRUPTOR posted...
So using console is totally legit form of playing a PC game... modding a PC game on the other hand is just LOL worthy.

actually i threw you guys a softball to expose your lack of knowledge and posing: the romance doesn't require manual advancement of time (console or repetitive resting). romances also don't update just by resting (unless they are specifically coded to in a dungeon), so the guy who said he rested over and over must have been elsewhere and did so in vain (hilarious).

the Jaheira romance is extremely complex (much more so than Morrigan's, which begins immediately and is easy to maintain), but it does automatically update. romance progress depends many factors including location, plot progress, real-time past, resting, quests etc.

i noticed the more time passes since the game went gold, the more ppl complain about the slowness of romances - this has less to do with their slowness and more to do with newbs reading guides so they just breeze thru the game and romances don't get time to trigger

and i laughed at the Morrigan mod cuz i doubt it exists, newbs love instant gratification

Be more careful there buddy... your fanboy is totally showing.

yes, having good taste and an encyclopedic knowledge of PC RPGs makes me a fanboy of BG2.
#83Fimble_the_magePosted 8/20/2013 11:08:30 AM
Romances are lame regardless. Why are people arguing about them? Get a girlfriend.

The BG2 romances are easily completable in a single playthrough, but likely not if you skip optional content and/or have played the game millions of times before and thus know the solutions to every puzzle or strategies for every encounter.

People who say BG2-lovers are looking back with rose tinted glasses are likely converted console gamers. BG2 fans LIKE the game's quirks and mechanics, it's from a time when PC games had a lot more depth and content than they do today thanks to the homogenization of PC/console gaming. I played BG2 again just a month ago and it was still as good as the first time through.
---
Omegle is the worst site ever