This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Japanese games on PC?

#1Mystical_NEETPosted 8/19/2013 8:25:42 AM
I'm trying to play Lightning Warrior Raidy 3 on PC but it keeps giving me these errors in weird scrambled text. Any ideas on how to fix?
#2VaultBoy2010Posted 8/19/2013 8:29:46 AM
proabably gotta download a japanese launguage pack
---
Love Is Over
3DS FC- Jacob- 4596-9541-5152
#3FaPaThYPosted 8/19/2013 8:29:49 AM
Did you install AppLocale, etc.? If not, Google 'applocale japanese games' and look up a guide.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#4Chaos_MissilePosted 8/19/2013 8:34:59 AM
Control Panel -> Clock, Language & Region -> Region & Language -> Adminitrative -> Change System Locale -> Japan

I used to play ALOT of JP games, have never installed AppLocale and all my games work perfectly fine.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#5FaPaThYPosted 8/19/2013 8:42:38 AM
AppLocale makes it so you don't have to change the region of your whole computer, which might matter for some programs.(And I think saves from needing to restart when switching back and forth) It lets you set the locale on a per program basis.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#6Chaos_MissilePosted 8/19/2013 5:04:00 PM
FaPaThY posted...
AppLocale makes it so you don't have to change the region of your whole computer, which might matter for some programs.(And I think saves from needing to restart when switching back and forth) It lets you set the locale on a per program basis.

The only difference my PC have had is the backslash, "/", being turned into a Yen sign. Other than that, there has not been anything different I cant do compared to those that did not change their locale.

My clock is still my country, my fonts have no notable difference I can still install all English game and read in English, I can also read and install most of the JP games I've played and many others.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#7ChromaticAngelPosted 8/19/2013 6:41:40 PM
Chaos_Missile posted...
Control Panel -> Clock, Language & Region -> Region & Language -> Adminitrative -> Change System Locale -> Japan

I used to play ALOT of JP games, have never installed AppLocale and all my games work perfectly fine.

Do this. You will have to reboot your system afterwards, though.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#8Knight2520Posted 8/19/2013 6:50:24 PM
Chaos_Missile posted...

Do this. You will have to reboot your system afterwards, though.

AppLocale is far more painless than that. Really. I used to do that method, found AppLocale, and will never go back.
---
I have very little time for the Internet now and I'm not even a millionaire yet. - Krycek18