This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever worked at a gamestop?

#21DotHack90Posted 8/19/2013 3:39:20 PM
OmniNakago posted...
Wait, they pay you with... a prepaid debit card? How does this work exactly? Can you put the money in your actual bank account?

Nobody chooses this option. You can get a physical check that gets sent to the store or choose direct deposit. Also with the new Workday interface it doesn't take 1-2 months for your direct deposit request to go through.
---
GT - Got Red 0n You
"Wars are to be won with swords and spears, not with rice and salt" Uesugi Kenshin
#22Dukaduka1k82Posted 8/19/2013 10:49:47 PM
I helped set up a new store in ohio 8 or so years ago and stayed on as a general employee for a couple of years after that.
I only worked one day a week just because I liked the extra little bit of money and the benefits. The GM of the store worked with me so I could work a very minimal amount of hours (basically enough that I made enough to buy a new game every week) and keep my other full time job.
I actually loved working there. I could "borrow" the newest games on my then new xbox 360, I got a discount, and I could talk to people about video games the entire time I worked.
I'm probably one of the few that have had a good experience working there.
---
Asus i7-3610QM @ 2.3Ghz, 16gig ram, Nvidia 660m 2Gb, 1Tb hdd @ 7200rpm
#23SlaynPosted 8/19/2013 11:33:19 PM
Never worked there, but it seems like they push you to sell crap you don't get commission on, but you get pressured and paid minimum wage anyway. Might as well get a chill job getting paid the same or more. They basically capitalize on the fact people that work there think it's "cool" to work with video games, and don't know better.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116