This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hmm, Why is the Witcher 2 EE crashing my entire desktop?

#1NE_PatriotsFanPosted 8/19/2013 11:33:06 AM
My desktop:

ASUS Windows 64 Bit, Windows 8

Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.40 GHz

Geforce GTX 660 TI

Corsair GS700

Am i missing anything?

Im playing on High settings by the way, everything is flawless, no frame drops or lag or stuttering or anything like that. I can play for 1-2 hours then my entire desktop just crashes, screen goes black and the computer restarts itself after 2 mins.

Oh and of course, its only this game that does it...Skyrim on ultra, the batman games on highest, Alan Wake on highest (these are the games i have been playing)...no problems with those. Just this game :( you must help me im having too much fun to just not play it anymore.

(i probably wont respond to any comments today, going to work now)
---
"Our hopes and dreams travel with you" Jor-El
#2Zombified_ToastPosted 8/19/2013 11:35:37 AM
Try to reboot the FTP transmitter, maybe it will parse the solid state monitor.
---
stant447 - So suicide is illegal. But smoking is not? I'm allowed to passively kill myself, but not actively?
Transmutant - Just as long as you die I'm happy.
#3SchaerMannPosted 8/19/2013 1:03:54 PM
Sounds like your rig is overheating playing that one. First suggestion is to check your settings, see if ubersampling is enabled. Turning it off if it's active might help. I don't think it will, but it might. I'd also recommend using a program that keeps track of your temps in-game... all of the component temps. If you can find one that gives an onscreen readout, perfect.

That should help narrow down if it's an overheating issue, and if so which component is causing it.
---
There exist in the world ideas that are the intellectual equivalent of a Twinkie: appealing, tasty, last forever, and utterly devoid of benefit. - Anonymous
#4Master_BassPosted 8/19/2013 1:27:03 PM
Zombified_Toast posted...
Try to reboot the FTP transmitter, maybe it will parse the solid state monitor.

No, no! Use the multi-byte AGP bandwidth, then you can hack the optical panel!
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#5hondaman42390Posted 8/19/2013 2:09:32 PM
NE_PatriotsFan posted...
My desktop:

ASUS Windows 64 Bit, Windows 8

Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.40 GHz

Geforce GTX 660 TI

Corsair GS700

Am i missing anything?

Im playing on High settings by the way, everything is flawless, no frame drops or lag or stuttering or anything like that. I can play for 1-2 hours then my entire desktop just crashes, screen goes black and the computer restarts itself after 2 mins.

Oh and of course, its only this game that does it...Skyrim on ultra, the batman games on highest, Alan Wake on highest (these are the games i have been playing)...no problems with those. Just this game :( you must help me im having too much fun to just not play it anymore.

(i probably wont respond to any comments today, going to work now)

Like others said temps could be an issue.

Is your gpu overclocked by chance? The Witcher 2 and Far Cry 3 both require me to run lower clocks than most other games. If I don't, the Nvidia driver crashes.